Arouna Koné

Ishmael

Whatever. At least he's better than Shola. That's my criteria for any new striker these days, as depressing as it is.

That would include 95% of the strikers in the PL, Championship and League One.

Kone's a really good player with a really good record at his last few clubs. We'd get 2 or 3 excellent seasons out of him.

Pretty much agree with this.

Guest reefatoon

This is going to be our new strike force next season

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/20/68858730_d81393a4b4_z.jpg

Still . . .  a step up from Shola.

Felipao91: you think saylor is out second bet CB? I'rather have i versatile defender who can be cover for Deb. on right back...

Nope, MBiwa is a better player, but it's been quite obvious that MBiwa isn't physical enough to play alongside Colo at the moment, might be adaptation time needed but I don't think it looks like he'll compliment Colo. Also you rather have a versatile defender to play a position that we already have 3 defenders who can play it? MBiwa is our versatile defender until Colo leaves or retires. Debuchy, Santon, MBiwa and Tav are all players who can play the right back position. It's the least of our worries right now. I think a big, strong defender who can dominate in the air is the most important part missing for our back 4. Saylor is good, but not good enough if we really want to compete.

As for striking options Cisse/Kone as our number 9 is good enough to compete, we still need a winger though.

I can't see how anyone wouldn't be happy with Shola being pushed further down the pecking order. We'd have 3 decent strikers on the books at least and a different plan B for next year instead of seeing that useless tit stroll on after 60 minutes whenever he's available.

I don't think I'm as far along as you in the process of being drained of all hope, ambition and expectation.

West Ham signed Carroll, Norwich get Wolfswinkel, Southampton are apparently after Damiao, Swansea are after Bony, and we're looking at washed up shite like Kone and Bent.

They're after them?, so what we're also supposed to be after them.  Do you think the Swansea fans will be hoping they don't sign anyone else that improves the squad until they sign the big name the papers have linked them with this week?

Also I'd rather sign Kone than Carroll, the first can actually help us become a more fluid side, if Pardew allows it.

Should have stuck this 5m onto PEA in January.

Whatever. At least he's better than Shola. That's my criteria for any new striker these days, as depressing as it is.

Better than Shola? I think this guy is better than Cisse almost personally. He's a very hardworking and intelligent player, and £5m for a striker that can play at this level for another 2-3 years is very good I think.

If we sign him I'd be very happy. We still need a winger though to compliment Barfa on the other side and a new CB to compete/replace Saylor.

Give him a year and he'll be as s*** as Shola.

:lol: Right, I can say this much I rather spunk £5m on this guy than £5m on Bent.

Personally feel he is a better fit for the team than Bent. Direct, hardworking, pacy, width - attributes that we could do with.

Felipao91: you think saylor is out second bet CB? I'rather have i versatile defender who can be cover for Deb. on right back...

Nope, MBiwa is a better player, but it's been quite obvious that MBiwa isn't physical enough to play alongside Colo at the moment, might be adaptation time needed but I don't think it looks like he'll compliment Colo. Also you rather have a versatile defender to play a position that we already have 3 defenders who can play it? MBiwa is our versatile defender until Colo leaves or retires. Debuchy, Santon, MBiwa and Tav are all players who can play the right back position. It's the least of our worries right now. I think a big, strong defender who can dominate in the air is the most important part missing for our back 4. Saylor is good, but not good enough if we really want to compete.

As for striking options Cisse/Kone as our number 9 is good enough to compete, we still need a winger though.

Agree with the first para. Not the second. I think Kone is a level down from a Remy.

Should have stuck this 5m onto PEA in January.

Better than Shola? I think this guy is better than Cisse almost personally. He's a very hardworking and intelligent player, and £5m for a striker that can play at this level for another 2-3 years is very good I think.

If we sign him I'd be very happy. We still need a winger though to compliment Barfa on the other side and a new CB to compete/replace Saylor.

Give him a year and he'll be as s*** as Shola.

:lol: Right, I can say this much I rather spunk £5m on this guy than £5m on Bent.

Personally feel he is a better fit for the team than Bent. Direct, hardworking, pacy, width - attributes that we could do with.

Definitely. Most enjoyable Wigan player to watch. I just hope he signs and be happy to compete with Cisse. Although knowing Pardew this guy is going to play wide and Shola will still be playing up top for 30mins a game :anguish:

Agree with the first para. Not the second. I think Kone is a level down from a Remy.

Absolutely, Remy is on another level and would require higher fee and higher wage. For me Remy should be signed but not as the number 9 but to replace Gouff on the left. Remy - Cisse/Kone - Benny, would definitely make us a top 10 side again if we can keep a cleansheet every now and then.

This is going to be our new strike force next season

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/20/68858730_d81393a4b4_z.jpg

Still . . .  a step up from Shola.

Rather that than this.

http://i.imgur.com/NsPjHNi.png

Different players. We need both.

I wouldn't want us to sign Bent because I can't see him playing alongside Cisse. But a pool of Cisse, Kone, Bent, Gouffran and Shola would represent decent options and if those two strikers came in for around the £10m mark, it would look like very good business. For all I don't think a striker like Bent is ideal, it's not like he's a bad player and he's always scored in this league.