Arouna Koné

Ishmael

Would be a decent signing IMO, hope we can make it happen. I think he'll sign for Everton though given the choice.

I think we're in too late. Everton have been working on the deal for a while and I don't see why he would come here unless the money's better.

Kone: "Hello, is that Mr. Kinnear?"

Kinnear: "Yes, speaking"

Kone: "I've signed for Everton"

Kinnear: "Okay, thanks for keeping us in the loop"

Too competent, man.

Kone: "Hello, is that Mr. Kinnear?"

Kinnear: "No"

Kone: "I've signed for Everton"

Kinnear: "Hello?"

Would be a decent signing IMO, hope we can make it happen. I think he'll sign for Everton though given the choice.

I think we're in too late. Everton have been working on the deal for a while and I don't see why he would come here unless the money's better.

If he has a release clause then how much work could they have been doing the past few weeks?

His pace would be useful, something we lack upfront. It's either pace or height that will unlock Cisse, guess our lot think its pace that'll do it, I probably agree.

If he has a release clause then how much work could they have been doing the past few weeks?

It says in the Sky article that he was on the brink of signing for Everton so they must have done some work on it. I'm sure i read somewhere that the deal had been mostly thrashed out, might have been the transfer thread.

At least the club we're running against aren't likely to gazump our contract offer.  Everton shouldn't be an issue in that department :lol:

Everton will probably offer him a pay cut.

only chance is if tiote's a bit matey with him and can trick him into signing for us by telling him how great its going to be here in the next couple of years under our new DOF who incidentally is head and shoulders above any other.

Scott Wilson ‏@Scottwilsonecho 10m

There's genuine #NUFC interest in Kone, but they've left it very late to try to do deal. Everton already done a large amount of ground work.

That's it there, but it might be based on nothing more than guesswork I suppose.

Why are we breaking our very stringent 'rules' on transfers to bid on a nearly 30 year old from a relegated team?  :undecided:

http://i.imgur.com/RTJCz40.jpg

fucking hell  :lol:

We must be offering him £75k a week.

Why are we breaking our very stringent 'rules' on transfers to bid on a nearly 30 year old from a relegated team?  :undecided:

http://i.imgur.com/RTJCz40.jpg

fucking hell  :lol:

His fist looks like a mouth out of pans labyrinth

Presumably he wouldn't need to change any of his home life arrangements to sign for Everton, which could be important for a guy who's nearly 30.

Unless he wanted his home life to be in a better city, now that would be a viable reason for joining us.

What is this transfer rule people keep referring to!

The idea was not to spend significant amounts i.e. in fee and wages on players over 27 or whatever.

However, a bargain is a bargain. If you can get one who is proven and productive for a good fee and good wages, then I don't think we'd snub it.

That's how I understood it anyway.

Presumably he wouldn't need to change any of his home life arrangements to sign for Everton, which could be important for a guy who's nearly 30.

Unless he wanted his home life to be in a better city, now that would be a viable reason for joining us.

I doubt he lives in Wigan like.