Arouna Koné

Ishmael

He's fast, which is something we lack up front. Just based off seeing him play against us he seems quite a physical presence despite not being super-tall, which is also something we lack up front.

Obviously age is a concern but I think we've been a bit conditioned by the recent transfer policy. Not every fast player's legs spontaneously fall off at age 30.

Seems tailor made to fill up weaknesses and give us more depth up front. 5m isn't bad business at all. Imagine if we had this guy instead of Shola coming off the bench for the past two years.

Guest Phil K

Just seems like a more expensive Gouff type signing.

My thoughts entirely. Hope Im wrong

He'll be THIRTY in Novemebr

Detect the stench of Kinnear in this

He's quicker, more direct and more skillful than Gouffran.  Also as much as I believe Gouffran could score goals if Pardew had given him a chance in the center Kone proved last season he can score goals in this league.  Think he's a step up from Gouffran personally.

I'd prefer a player who can really go toe-to-toe with Cisse. This is more a secondary partner and back-up. But that's what Gouff brings.

What do you mean by go toe to toe with Cisse?  I'd say Kone is the kind of player who could possibly work up front with Cisse.  As well as in a front 3 with Cisse and Ben Arfa.

Unfortunately I have this feeling we won't get him :(

I'd prefer a player who can really go toe-to-toe with Cisse. This is more a secondary partner and back-up. But that's what Gouff brings.

What do you mean by go toe to toe with Cisse?  I'd say Kone is the kind of player who could possibly work up front with Cisse.  As well as in a front 3 with Cisse and Ben Arfa.

I think Cisse has the potential to be an A grade PL striker. Or at least very good. Kone for me is just average to good.

Mind you I haven't paid close attention to him at either Levante or Wigan but i've never seen him play wide.

Guest chopey

When seagulls follow a trawler its because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

NUFC picking up scraps

Good stamina, presses high up the pitch, can hold the ball up and has pace. All things we need more of - in addition to being one more much-needed player to add to our attacking personnel.

Didn't realise he missed 18 months with a cruciate injury in the past.

I'm absolutely sure that won't reoccur should he sign for us. Ahem.

:lol: Are you daring to imply that our medical facilities are poor?

If Gouffran was scoring goals I doubt we'd be even looking at him. Gouff's a good player but he didn't look like a natural goal scorer last season.