Arouna Koné

Ishmael

Guest chopey

We probably know that he's going to Everton but we can at least say we tried.

That is the attitude that got us into this ridiculous situation in the first place, who has even said we tried ? and if we did then why cant we attract a player of his ability to our great club, our expectations are so  low its just sickening

It makes sense of why we sold them Perch for such a low fee when we didn't need too. I thought that since what has gone on between the clubs especially last season and what has gone on between the owners we wouldn't have anything to do with them.

It makes sense of why we sold them Perch for such a low fee when we didn't need too. I thought that since what has gone on between the clubs especially last season and what has gone on between the owners we wouldn't have anything to do with them.

I don't think its got anything to do with Perch though because its a release clause, they don't have the option not to deal with us.

Guest Roger Kint

I don't think its got anything to do with Perch though because its a release clause, they don't have the option not to deal with us.

Aye its got nothing at all to do with Perch.

Isn't he about 30?  Or have we chucked our age limit rulesd out the window?

Loosened them maybe?, we do now have someone else deciding on these matters.  While I agree with not spending big money on older players there was never any sense in staying away from all players over 28 IMO.

If I had a list of 10 strikers in our budget I would like to sign this summer he would be number 10, and I cant believe people rate him as a player

Sounds like the same complaints after we signed Ba a couple of seasons ago. Not good enough, shouldn't be our top target etc.

Guest Roger Kint

Loosened them maybe?, while I agree with not spending big money on older players there was never any sense in staying away from all players over 28 IMO.

At least he has PL experience which Pardew wanted. Not exactly going to break the bank either which is usually enough to make Ashley reach for the tissues

Loosened them maybe?, we do now have someone else deciding on these matters.  While I agree with not spending big money on older players there was never any sense in staying away from all players over 28 IMO.

The right answer is to sign young players when it makes sense and to sign old players when that makes sense.

Having arbitrary, unbendable rules that limit what actions you can take is counterproductive.

Guest Roger Kint

The right answer is to sign young players when it makes sense and to sign old players when that makes sense.

Having arbitrary, unbendable rules that limit what actions you can take is counterproductive.

:thup:

Rocket science!

Would be a solid signing.

Can back up/compete with Cisse for the central striker role while also being an option out wide.

As has been said though, we'd need one more to be set at the top end of the field.

Any 3 of Cisse, HBA, Gouffran, Kone and AN Other up top in the 4-3-3. Could throw Obertan on if we're desperate, with Campbell hopefully making a push for some appearances next year too.

Would be a solid signing.

Can back up/compete with Cisse for the central striker role while also being an option out wide.

As has been said though, we'd need one more to be set at the top end of the field.

Any 3 of Cisse, HBA, Gouffran, Kone and AN Other up top in the 4-3-3. CouldShould throw Obertan on a bonfire if we're desperate, with Campbell hopefully making a push for some appearances next year too.

FYP

If we get him it would be a cracking signing but we need at  least TWO decent goal scorers / centre forwards.

If we go & sign a quality Owen / Bellamy type of player, I might have to revise my opinion on JFK

(possibly)

Presumably he wouldn't need to change any of his home life arrangements to sign for Everton, which could be important for a guy who's nearly 30.

Unless he wanted his home life to be in a better city, now that would be a viable reason for joining us.

He'll either live in Greater Manchester or Cheshire most likely. :lol: