The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Canny game between Partick and Dundee Utd. Used to live a stone's throw from Firhill.

True story.

Is Christie Elliott playing? Cracking lad

Think he's on the bench.

Legend.

4-0 after half an hour, Santos are awful.

They really are since Neymar left. Don't think they're even trying particularly much but they're still not a very good team nowadays. No strikers and no defenders. And their decent midfielders wouldn't ever have a chance against Barcelonas defense anyways so...

Now that I see Santos, what the hell happened to Ganso? He seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth since he went to Sao Paulo.

Injuries and emergence of Oscar and tbf he disappeared off the face of the earth before he joined Sao Paulo.

Problem with Ganso is while he's talented he is extremely slow like snail pace and he is the complete opposite of athleticism.

Someone that would have fit in well in the 80s but very few 10s like that are successful nowadays especially when they lack off the ball movement to go along with it.

Now that I see Santos, what the hell happened to Ganso? He seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth since he went to Sao Paulo.

Injuries and emergence of Oscar and tbf he disappeared off the face of the earth before he joined Sao Paulo.

Problem with Ganso is while he's talented he is extremely slow like snail pace and he is the complete opposite of athleticism.

Someone that would have fit in well in the 80s but very few 10s like that are successful nowadays especially when they lack off the ball movement to go along with it.

I think you probably could've ended your post after the first sentence because the second part is not true at all. There's a lot of players around that aren't speed merchants who are great footballers. His style of pace doesn't require pace, what it does require though is continuity which he hasn't been getting since he gets injured every 2-3 games. A reason for going to Sao Paulo were their facilities which are probably the best in Brazil, but he's still getting injured.

He's over already. But I still don't agree that his pace has anything to do with how successful he's been thus far. He never needed off the ball movement when he was the creator and player couldnt get near them as he'd punish them with his techincal ability and vision.

I think you probably could've ended your post after the first sentence because the second part is not true at all. There's a lot of players around that aren't speed merchants who are great footballers. His style of pace doesn't require pace, what it does require though is continuity which he hasn't been getting since he gets injured every 2-3 games. A reason for going to Sao Paulo were their facilities which are probably the best in Brazil, but he's still getting injured.

He's over already. But I still don't agree that his pace has anything to do with how successful he's been thus far. He never needed off the ball movement when he was the creator and player couldnt get near them as he'd punish them with his techincal ability and vision.

Never said you need to be a speed marchant..... Mata, Silva, Ozil etc etc are not speed merchants, but they are a lot more athletic and they move around the pitch a lot more creating holes for their team mates to exploit.

The days of the Trequartista are gone, attacking midfielders roam a lot more now instead dominating the hole so to speak.

Francesco Totti is the last of a dieing breed, anyway i still think Ganso can be a good player but in a deeper role.

Comparing Ganso to Totti. I lost you man, labelling him a trequartista?

What i'm saying its rare a classic #10 is successful these days, most attacking midfielders roam all over the place instead of dominating the hole like Riquelme did etc etc.

The best attacking midfielders of today's game are all like that, Ganso is the old fashioned type and its one of the reason's he's struggled IMO.

Injuries are the main part but he's also just unsuited to how the game has changed, as i said i think he would perform much better in a deeper role.

I'm not going to get optimistic until he plays proper games, but Alexis has easily been our best player this preseason, like.

Feel the same way about Ameobi.

Best to keep your hopes in check until you see what the lad can do. Very sensible.

I'm not going to get optimistic until he plays proper games, but Alexis has easily been our best player this preseason, like.

Been a bit lucky too. Him and Pedro probably got a kick up their arse with the Neymar signing.

People on twitter are saying that Barca's wingers look a lot more " free" than they did under Tito.

Surely the new manager isn't having an impact already? if so though that is going to suit Neymar down to the ground.

To be honest I put that down to the fact that Santos aren't putting up much of a fight and aren't forcing them to track back much.