The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Sammy being not rated at all by us, but yet still in the England youth setup says everything. People wonder why England has no promising players anymore..

There's plenty around but they're just not getting regular games.

That's the problem in only selecting players from the 'big clubs' where they will probably never realistically break through. Where are the Southampton players (Shaw, Ward-Prowse and Clyne) who have actually played in the Premier League.

Sammy being not rated at all by us, but yet still in the England youth setup says everything. People wonder why England has no promising players anymore..

That's the problem in only selecting players from the 'big clubs' where they will probably never realistically break through. Where are the Southampton players (Shaw, Ward-Prowse and Clyne) who have actually played in the Premier League.

Shaw and Clyne are injured I think. Don't disagree with the general point of course.

There are a lot of players from outside the "big clubs" really.  Shaw was out with injury.  Clyne is now too old I believe.  Not sure about the other.

Scotland are indeed s*** but f***ing hell England look good. Shelvey is really underrated.

Yup, it's amazing that players like Redmond for 2m and Shelvey for 5m has passed us by as a club.

We definitely should have been in for Redmond at that price. I know a few on the forum aren't impressed by him (Mole I think I had the conversation with) but whenever I've seen him he's looked brilliant, massive upgrade on our wingers at the moment.

Looking forward to the game tonight, hopefully the lads give it a good go.

Look like the tartan army are having a good time anyway.  :D

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sites/default/files/Scots9use.jpg?1376486813

1157488_619833881380776_2109662322_n.png

Annoyed I'll miss tonight's internationals as there are some very good games on paper.

Belgium v France, Italy v Argentina, Portugal v Holland, Gabon v Cape Verde. Some right crackers.

Any of our French contingent in the team?

The big Debuch I believe but no Cabaye

Belgium should dick france on paper but they probs won't

Haven't seen respective squads, but there's no way Belgium should dick France. Belgium has a very good team with many good players, but they only really have two STAR players and that's Kompany and Hazard (both who have had inconsistent seasons).

Scotland are indeed s*** but f***ing hell England look good. Shelvey is really underrated.

I have liked Shelvey ever since the game when we beat them 2-0 at SJP the season before last.

Sounds stupid but he really impressed me that day, a lot more than Liverpool's high profile players did.

Think he'll make a good career out of himself.

I think he's really underrated actually. People call him worse than shit but he's nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be and under Laudrup I think he'll do really well.

I have liked Shelvey ever since the game when we beat them 2-0 at SJP the season before last.

Sounds stupid but he really impressed me that day, a lot more than Liverpool's high profile players did.

Think he'll make a good career out of himself.

I think he's really underrated actually. People call him worse than shit but he's nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be and under Laudrup I think he'll do really well.

Just anti-Liverpool bias clouding the judgement :thup: He'll do well. Keen to get forward, decent physically and technique isn't horrific.