The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Southampton have been poor against the top10 teams. They probably won't last long in the qualification for Europe race.

Edit: they've just scored. Don't read this comment

Apart from Schneiderlin and Lallana Southampton aren't great

shaw is pretty good for his age.

Lambert and Rodriguez are also more than decent.

They're just struggling a bit currently after a brilliant first 10-12 games.

I don't think Rodriguez is great. Lambert is good enough I suppose. I had forgotten about Shaw tbh

Well no, he's not great, but no-one in their right mind would talk about this Southampton side as "great". They look pretty decent and should be finishing top 10, perhaps top 8 if they don't get many injuries.

Well no, he's not great, but no-one in their right mind would talk about this Southampton side as "great". They look pretty decent and should be finishing top 10, perhaps top 8 if they don't get many injuries.

They play the game the right way too. Shrewd acquisitions and the hiring of a smart manager and they've gone from newly promoted to a perennial top 10 team.

Southampton are doing with important injuries and coming through a very tough run of games. It's not surprising they don't look as good as the opening few months, they still have more quality than more than half the league.

No they don't, they have a few expensive signings mixed in with some pretty average players. Their squad is nowhere near ours in terms of quality.

Southampton are doing with important injuries and coming through a very tough run of games. It's not surprising they don't look as good as the opening few months, they still have more quality than more than half the league.

No they don't, they have a few expensive signings mixed in with some pretty average players. Their squad is nowhere near ours in terms of quality.

He didn't compare their squad to ours. And they do have more quality than half the league.