The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Is Xavi really done? Sad times if true, absolute hero of mine.

No he isn't he just struggles to perform twice a week anymore....

Also how is the Busquets-Cesc-Iniesta trio working out so far? I must say i feel its not something that can work long term but Valencia are a decent team.

Also the whole Cesc false 9 complaints are a bit of a mystery to me, he only played there 5 times last season ( when Messi was injured) and the rest of the time he played as central midfielder.

The one who should be complaining is Iniesta for being pushed out to the left to make room for Cesc.

Also how is the Busquets-Cesc-Iniesta trio working out so far? I must say i feel its not something that can work long term but Valencia are a decent team.

I think that trio could work excellently long-term.

As for Cesc I think it's a valid complaint for VI. He play there quite a bit and has never worked. Let's say he's played the 10 season over 1 year, that's quite a lot. (counting national team as well btw)

He's still able to produce a masterclass (see Milan at home last year), but he needs to be rested more. He no longer has the fitness to cover so much of the pitch as he used to (he's always been the player with more distance covered in every game).

I think that trio could work excellently long-term.

As for Cesc I think it's a valid complaint for VI. He play there quite a bit and has never worked. Let's say he's played the 10 season over 1 year, that's quite a lot. (counting national team as well btw)

National team i accept but still majority of games for Barca he played between Xavi and Messi and Iniesta was pushed out wide.

Either way they need to find a way to fit him and Iniesta in the same line up and not suffer defensively because Xavi won't be around much longer and with Thiago not there its pretty much the only choice.

Is this Roberto any good, VI?

I rate him quite a bit. Not to say that he'll become the next Xavi or something like that, but he brings to the table something quite different to what we usually produce. He's more a box-to-box player in the English mould than our usual tiki-taka midfielder.