The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Hate when players try and block an opponent clearing the ball out of play, just let him clear it ffs. So pointless.

:serious:

You're basically just giving them the ball as the main result is it deflecting off you and going out for a throw. Would much rather have the throw in or the 50/50 chance the clearance falls to a teammate if it stays in.

Hate when players try and block an opponent clearing the ball out of play, just let him clear it ffs. So pointless.

You're basically just giving them the ball as the main result is it deflecting off you and going out for a throw. Would much rather have the throw in or the 50/50 chance the clearance falls to a teammate if it stays in.

Depends entirely on the situation but what if the defender sees you back off, controls the ball and they retain possession. I'd put the block in most times.

Depends entirely on the situation but what if the defender sees you back off, controls the ball and they retain possession. I'd put the block in most times.

Well as a striker I always tried to show the defender inside, if he still tried to clear it out then I'd act like I was going for the block but pull out as soon as he starts to kick it. Definitely a situational thing, but it worked many times for me in my organized playing days.

Is it just me or has Moyes become more of a cock since becoming Man U manager? Or was he always like this, I just never noticed?

It's like they hand managers a 'What to say in the press' manual before they start. All his interviews since the season started have been about how many this and that should have been a penalty, how great the players were and how the world is against Man U - referees, the media, the fixture computer etc.

He was excellent with the media with us IMO. Threw a hissy fit or 2 but nothing much out of the ordinary. Vast majority of the time he called it how he saw it, no messing around. Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer kind of attitude.

This moaning about the fixtures etc is definitely far more heightened than it ever was at us.

That said, a point worth making is his comments will be under the microscope more at Man Utd. I bet a fair few managers across the league will make similar complaints - irrespective of whether any have justification - during the course of the season, but they won't get picked up on as much.

Not that its an excuse, but I suppose he never had this many fixtures while at Everton. Still, I hate listening to them whining on about it, they all have far stronger squads than the teams not in Europe.

That's the core of it. Being in the CL regularly means you have more money meaning you should have a better and bigger squad to cope with league fixtures while being in the CL regularly. Simple cycle.

It should be a pleasure to play so regularly.

Moyes, Moyes, Moyes ... I friggin knew it.

This guy just played Giggs and Cleverley 90 mins and Kagawa is on the bench.

I have bets with multiple people that they will finish outside the top 4. Looking forward to collecting.

I have bets with multiple people that they will finish outside the top 4. Looking forward to collecting.

Ferguson done a lot of that last season as well.

Giggs was subbed and Kagawa wasn't even on the bench.

Giggs was subbed and Kagawa wasn't even on the bench.

Accuracy isn't one of Kaka's strong points.