The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Bayern have more width and physical menace than Barca did, that said until Lewandowski arrives next year they don't have a striker to match the rest of the squad yet, and they have no Messi, the goals should be much better distributed mind, can't see goal scoring being much of an issue.

Right, this Bayern team has more dimensions to it than Barca did imo.

This Bayern team is scary.

Barca always had obvious weakness under Guardiola but with Bayern It's a different story.

Aye just the 14 trophies in 4 years.

Sigh.

Barca tended to struggle when the centre of the pitch was packed and teams stayed compact.

See the games vs Chelsea & Inter for reference

They beat Chelsea and as far as the Inter game goes the lack of Iniesta in both legs really hurt them..... but anyway to say they had obvious weaknesses is hilarious they won the CL twice under Pep....

Anyway its a bit too early to say Bayern has no weaknesses because they do and no team has parked the bus like they used to do against Barca.

Every team alive was frightened to death of that Barca team, that is not the case with this Bayern yet and teams are far more open against them as of right now.

Did Barca ever get the space afforded to Robben tonight? No.

The offside count was 7-1 against City. When you consider Bayern's dominance of possession and territory, that says a lot about their organisation and intelligence.

The way their back line functioned was incredible.

There were a large number of times when City were caught offside in situations where you wouldn't expect it to happen. Their back four operated like they had one brain.

Didn't watch United's game but Fellaini is being roasted by every Manc fan I know and also on Red Cafe. Was he that bad ??

No.

I didn't see the game, like.

He looked alright on the highlights, seemed to be playing a bit further forward. Only saw a few minutes mind.

Fellaini is simply a far too limited footballer to ever be a consistently good player in a team that is challenging for the title and competing in the champions league. Wonder how Kagawa felt earlier sat on the bench watching the side pumping long balls up to the giant when what they needed was some creativity and ability on the counter.

This Bayern team is scary.

Barca always had obvious weakness under Guardiola but with Bayern It's a different story.

Aye just the 14 trophies in 4 years.

Sigh.

Barca tended to struggle when the centre of the pitch was packed and teams stayed compact.

See the games vs Chelsea & Inter for reference

They beat Chelsea and as far as the Inter game goes the lack of Iniesta in both legs really hurt them..... but anyway to say they had obvious weaknesses is hilarious they won the CL twice under Pep....

Anyway its a bit too early to say Bayern has no weaknesses because they do and no team has parked the bus like they used to do against Barca.

Every team alive was frightened to death of that Barca team, that is not the case with this Bayern yet and teams are far more open against them as of right now.

Did Barca ever get the space afforded to Robben tonight? No.

Agreed

Zlatan Ibrahimovic will board a plane after the game tonight and fly to Sarajevo to meet a cancer sick boy with one last wish; to meet Ibra.

King  :rose:

I'm sorry, it's an excellent gesture but I'm pretty sure 99% of the worlds footballing players would do it if it got the media attention that it has gotten. He's basically forced to do it and in anycase I think no matter how cuntish players are on the field, most people are decent human beings off it. Look at CRonaldo writing to the courts in the US after that fan ran into the pitch, Dani Alves and some other players running their own campaign for children with down syndrome etc. Calling someone king for doing an obvious thing is weird. But that's just my opinion.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic will board a plane after the game tonight and fly to Sarajevo to meet a cancer sick boy with one last wish; to meet Ibra.

King  :rose:

I'm sorry, it's an excellent gesture but I'm pretty sure 99% of the worlds footballing players would do it if it got the media attention that it has gotten. He's basically forced to do it and in anycase I think no matter how cuntish players are on the field, most people are decent human beings off it. Look at CRonaldo writing to the courts in the US after that fan ran into the pitch, Dani Alves and some other players running their own campaign for children with down syndrome etc. Calling someone king for doing an obvious thing is weird. But that's just my opinion.

Aye, what a cunt Zlatan is ::)

To be honest I don't see the need to second-guess how honest/dishonest are the intentions behind footballers doing altruistic things. If it makes somebody happy/helps ameliorate the situation of somebody, somewhere, I couldn't care less if it's PR.

Wasn't my point, what I meant is that I think that even though most footballer are absolute cunts, they are still human beings, and I don't see how anyone would turn down somebody's wish like that. I think what Ibrahimovic is great and I think his intentions are great, I was just questioning calling him a king for doing something as obvious as this.

I guess the  smily at the end means you know uou missed the point completely on purpose! :lol:

Your avatar :smitten:

These two will win the Champions League this year! :thup:

Defoe hits the ball so well. Such a great shot, always on target.

Spurs got some great players in, but none of the new wide guys are very direct it seems. All want to come central.