The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Nowt wrong with that in my opinion, the ball was released. Keepers often get protected too much, if that was an ordinary player and he kicked it a little in front of him and someone came in and got the ball it's a fair challenge.

I'd like to see a better position of the collecting the ball on the line incident though.

Guest bimpy474

thought the law specifically says a keeper bouncing the ball still counts as it being in his control?

It does but they have given the ref licence to judge it in his opinion. Trust me it's not clear but it's definitely been tweaked.

Nowt wrong with that in my opinion, the ball was released. Keepers often get protected too much, if that was an ordinary player and he kicked it a little in front of him and someone came in and got the ball it's a fair challenge.

I'd like to see a better position of the collecting the ball on the line incident though.

It's against the laws of the game, simple.

thought the law specifically says a keeper bouncing the ball still counts as it being in his control?

But isn't the letter of the law says a keeper isn't allowed to control the ball in his hands for more than 6 consecutive seconds, hence why keepers bounce the ball in order to lose control of the ball and regain control of the ball?