The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Arsenal really have to sign a better striker than Giroud in Jan if they want to win the league.

Yep. It's not necessarily that he's poor (he's not but when you're up against Aguero/Negredo and Suarez/Sturridge amongst your competitors...) but he is literally all they've got unless you count the Danish Shola. They can't mix it up at all.

They should go for Ba.

Also not good enough at that level. I maintain that we're his level.

What does that even mean? The guy scored 13 goals in an utterly abysmal Newcastle team (by January). He would score for fun at Arsenal.

Don't agree. Yes, we were poor, but we played with him as a focal point. It doesn't translate to goals at a higher level. Andy Johnson, Darren Bent, Yakubu are examples of players banging them in shit teams. It happens and means nothing imo.

That's a fair argument but Ba is clearly on another level to those players. I'd bite my fingers off to have him back here, I genuinely think he's one of the best strikers in the league.

Heard a Chelsea fan on 606 a couple of weeks ago say "... and Ba, who is never a Premiership player" :lol:

Don't know they're fucking born, man.

Guest firetotheworks

Arsenal really have to sign a better striker than Giroud in Jan if they want to win the league.

Yep. It's not necessarily that he's poor (he's not but when you're up against Aguero/Negredo and Suarez/Sturridge amongst your competitors...) but he is literally all they've got unless you count the Danish Shola. They can't mix it up at all.

They should go for Ba.

What does that even mean? The guy scored 13 goals in an utterly abysmal Newcastle team (by January). He would score for fun at Arsenal.

Don't agree. Yes, we were poor, but we played with him as a focal point. It doesn't translate to goals at a higher level. Andy Johnson, Darren Bent, Yakubu are examples of players banging them in s*** teams. It happens and means nothing imo.

That's a fair argument but Ba is clearly on another level to those players. I'd bite my fingers off to have him back here, I genuinely think he's one of the best strikers in the league.

I'd have him here, but if I was a Chelsea/Arsenal fan I'd be looking for a much better striker than Ba. Both at their best, I'd rather have Remy.

They should go for Ba.

Don't agree. Yes, we were poor, but we played with him as a focal point. It doesn't translate to goals at a higher level. Andy Johnson, Darren Bent, Yakubu are examples of players banging them in s*** teams. It happens and means nothing imo.

Heard a Chelsea fan on 606 a couple of weeks ago say "... and Ba, who is never a Premiership player" :lol:

Don't know they're f***ing born, man.

:lol: Crazy stuff.

They should go for Ba.

Don't know if I agree here. Yakubu and Bent have been excellent goalscorers in this league before for multiple years, Ba hasn't. Really don't see how he's clearly on another level.

I don't think Ba is clearly any better than Bent or Yakubu in their primes (Johnson only did it once). Both of them were genuinely great goalscorers. I really don't think Ba's all around game is that much superior to those payers, either, especially with Yakubu's hold up play and work until he took up biscuit diet.

I really don't think Ba is the striker Chelsea needed and I don't think his movement and workrate would be good enough for Wenger. Giroud is a better player.

I don't think Ba is clearly any better than Bent or Yakubu in their primes (Johnson only did it once). Both of them were genuinely great goalscorers. I really don't think Ba's all around game is that much superior to those payers, either, especially with Yakubu's hold up play and work until he took up biscuit diet.

I really don't think Ba is the striker Chelsea needed and I don't think his movement and workrate would be good enough for Wenger. Giroud is a better player.

:thup:

Guest palnese

What's the difference between MOTD and MOTD2?

2 is usually on a Sunday and incorporates the Sunday kick-offs.

Ah, okey. Thanks.