The 2013/14 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Not into horse betting as I always lose, is this Quevega a dead cert then aye?  :shifty:

If my life was dependant on a horse of my choice, this is the horse i'd pick over the entire festival. Won the race last 5 years, obviously age could catch up with it but the field really isn't that strong and it hasn't really shown any signs of major decline. Got into massive trouble last year but class pulled it through. Safer passage through this year, 'dead cert', aye  :shifty:

Not into horse betting as I always lose, is this Quevega a dead cert then aye?  :shifty:

If my life was dependant on a horse of my choice, this is the horse i'd pick over the entire festival. Won the race last 5 years, obviously age could catch up with it but the field really isn't that strong and it hasn't really shown any signs of major decline. Got into massive trouble last year but class pulled it through. Safer passage through this year, 'dead cert', aye  :shifty:

:jesuswept:

I'm going to bet like money won is sweet money whether it's 4 cents or 4 pounds or 500 pounds. Tired of trying to win huge money. Will be placing any bet that I feel is 99% sure of going in even if it means a £10 liability for a £0.20 win.

Anyone that can chose their games should do like me. Went from £10 to £40 yesterday and took out £30 from the account. £10 has become £40 at the moment and will take out at the end of the day. Haven't missed one single bet. In average I've made like £1 or £2 a bet. Since I'm sick this has been perfect. Don't know if it will work long term but with discipline it should.

£150 loss. Never again. Lost everything on City basically. Won't be back until the World Cup.

O0

Shades of Jack Flash but it's Flip, I just couldn't pass this. Skål, you dick! :lol:

Guest neesy111

Can we not turn Quevega into a forum bet, please? Don't want her glorious record coming to an end because of this place. :lol:

:lol:

Can we not turn Quevega into a forum bet, please? Don't want her glorious record coming to an end because of this place. :lol:

Even us lot can't stop it (her) from winning! All aboard!

:smitten:

I've been on all five years, must have won about a grand from backing her.

Quevega should have ran against Big Bucks when she was at her peak. Connections knew they'd win the Mares Hurdle year after year but it's been a boring, safe tactic in my opinion. Even last year, without Big Bucks, they avoided the World Hurdle.

She hardly ever runs and most years only runs twice a year - at Cheltenham & Punchestown festivals. It's too difficult to say when age will catch up with her because of the lack of action so one year she'll get turned over at a short price, just hopefully not this year.

Really fancy Hurricane Fly tomorrow, the 11/4 on offer is huge in my opinion for a dual Champion Hurdle winner.

Hurricane Fly is in the same predicament as Quevega in regards to age. Difference is, The fly has some very stern competition on his hands. There's 4 or 5 you could make a real case for, best champion hurdle there has been in years and years. So many questions, not enough answers. We'll find them out tomorrow though.

Quevega has won me a fair share of money. Kauto is still far and way my most profitable horse and most loved however. It is a bit of a shame connections only run Quevega basically here then the Punchestowns fest, they could have been more adventurous but a win tomorrow and it's broke all kinds of records which still would be an outstanding achievement. Some training performance by Mullins as well to get her race fit and in such good condition time and time again.

Guest Roger Kint

Quevega should have ran against Big Bucks when she was at her peak. Connections knew they'd win the Mares Hurdle year after year but it's been a boring, safe tactic in my opinion. Even last year, without Big Bucks, they avoided the World Hurdle.

She hardly ever runs and most years only runs twice a year - at Cheltenham & Punchestown festivals. It's too difficult to say when age will catch up with her because of the lack of action so one year she'll get turned over at a short price, just hopefully not this year.

Really fancy Hurricane Fly tomorrow, the 11/4 on offer is huge in my opinion for a dual Champion Hurdle winner.

Really fancy The New One tbh. Wish i didnt have a PP account, they were giving 8/1 on it. Stupidly big price for new customers

Edit: Saying that i am throwing the Fly in my L15 when it hits 6/1. Too good to turn down that

Really fancy The New One tbh. Wish i didnt have a PP account, they were giving 8/1 on it. Stupidly big price for new customers

It's a classic case of the experienced current champion against the aptly named up and coming youngster. I'm going for the Hurricane as a safe bet as such, it's tried and tested and sure to give it a good go although ultimately we might see a new champion. Although cases can be made for a few, I still don't see My Tent Or Yours, Jezki or Our Conor being as good as the main two.

Guest Roger Kint

It's a classic case of the experienced current champion against the aptly named up and coming youngster. I'm going for the Hurricane as a safe bet as such, it's tried and tested and sure to give it a good go although ultimately we might see a new champion. Although cases can be made for a few, I still don't see My Tent Or Yours, Jezki or Our Conor being as good as the main two.

Agree with your last point, two of them had chances this year to beat HF and failed, no reason to see any difference there.

Am thinking take the 6/1 on HF, Trifolium, Holywell & Vaniteux ew L15