The 2013/14 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Although cases can be made for a few, I still don't see My Tent Or Yours, Jezki or Our Conor being as good as the main two.

My Tent has just as much case as the new one? Arguably has the best engine in the race, had New One off the bridle first when they last met and was proving to be a cracking race race till TNW blundered the last. Biggest worry about MTOY is the fact last year it failed to get up the hill against Champagne Fever. They all have pros and cons and the safest money is the fly as he's been there and done it but certainly don't think it's just the two horse race. Our Conor even has a big shout of turning tables with the fly given his age and improvement rate. Really can't wait for this. Best race of the festival this year by a long way.

Although cases can be made for a few, I still don't see My Tent Or Yours, Jezki or Our Conor being as good as the main two.

My Tent has just as much case as the new one? Arguably has the best engine in the race, had New One off the bridle first when they last met and was proving to be a cracking race race till TNW blundered the last. Biggest worry about MTOY is the fact last year it failed to get up the hill against Champagne Fever. They all have pros and cons and the safest money is the fly as he's been there and done it but certainly don't think it's just the two horse race. Our Conor even has a big shout of turning tables with the fly given his age and improvement rate. Really can't wait for this. Best race of the festival this year by a long way.

:thup: I think it's obvious The New One would have won against MTOY in the Christmas Hurdle had it not hit the last which is why I still think the betting is right and TNO & HF deserve to be at the top of the market. Should be a cracker though.

I reckon the Supreme Novices is a good renewal as well, Irving seemed a certainty last week but seems to be drifting whilst money comes in for Mullins' two. I'm gutted I'm at work like but I've got the laptop out ready for it.

TNO has drifted now on will 7/2 whilst MTOY is 10/3. I've watched that race a few times back and it's such a difficult one to call. MTOY always seems to cruise through races but then doesn't find much off the bridle, I don't think he would have made the length up if TNO hadn't of missed the last hurdle but then again, jumping is a big factor of the race and if you don't jump well around Cheltenham, it's going to take something special to win.

Yeah I thought the same as you last week in regards to Irving, think it was around 9/4, can get 3's generally now. I always take Ruby's rides on the Tuesday so it's easy enough for me today without much betting thought. I've got an e/w lucky 15 on Three Kingdoms, Grandoet, Golden Chieftein and Cockney Sparrow.

Guest Roger Kint

Trifolium, Holywell, Close House & Vaniteux ew L15

Irving/The New One double

Bollocks that was a shit performance. 3rd on my main bet though so not all bad

Aye mate, throw everything you own on.

:lol: Yeah never going to happen. Just want to know whether I should be sitting here laughing when it fails or if I should not check this thread ever again.

Guest Roger Kint

Get in Holywell! Now need Close House in the 17.15 for £180.

:hmm: You took a risk backing the same as me :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: this is true. I've got this one e/w so a top four finish still bags me a useful £32 or thereabouts.

Hope so, two 3rds and Holywell has been a good start. Over £200 i think if CH comes in

No excuses for the fly. Just wasn't good enough but still remains an unbelievable horse. Slightly surprised Jezski got it. If you backed the new one, you're basically crying. For me, he's the winner out the race. MTOY's last jump cost him the race imo. Awful for our Conor, hope he's ok.

No excuses for the fly. Just wasn't good enough but still remains an unbelievable horse. Slightly surprised Jezski got it. If you backed the new one, you're basically crying. For me, he's the winner out the race. MTOY's last jump cost him the race imo. Awful for our Conor, hope he's ok.

Aye, on any other day, The New One wins that race comfortably.

:lol: Yeah never going to happen. Just want to know whether I should be sitting here laughing when it fails or if I should not check this thread ever again.

:thup: Put 150€ on it @1.83. Forum bets on horses usually crash and burn spectacularly. One was even too scared to show up (Xaloc).

:thup: Put 150€ on it @1.83. Forum bets on horses usually crash and burn spectacularly. One was even too scared to show up (Xaloc).

Just because of that I put £7 on it. £12 back :lol: Small bet for the normal forum bet that always fails.