The 2013/14 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Looked into it, that's just class value. Seriously expected it to be set more around the 17.5, 18.5 level. He scored 21 with Tottenham last season ffs.

Now, he won't be the main man at Real Madrid, won't take as many free kicks and has missed the first 3 games. Even with those considerations, it's set too low. You're betting on Gareth Bale to score 15 goals in 35 games (even take a few off for being rested/injured - call it 30) for Real Madrid, where he's going to get considerably more chances. He's going to score 1 in 2 man.

Coral have come in with 16.5. 5/6. Expecting most to go with this, if not higher.

BetVictor still 14.5. 10/11.

Make yourselves some money.

Edit: Ladbrokes over 14.5 @ 11/10

lol wat

They've made a fundamental cock-up here IMO. They've put far too much emphasis on the whole "new club, new league (which does play a part admittedly, as Stu said), won't be the main man" type of thinking, and not enough on the fact he'll err, get a load of chances. :lol:

Come the Villarreal game (which he probably won't even start) it'll be 16.5/17.5 across the board I reckon.

Personally think they need their heads checking. Already put a wedge on >14.5 @ 11/10, any winnings over the next few days of betting are going on that and >13.5 @ 5/6 if it hangs around.

Due to some f***ed up ridiculous bonus that Betway have given me which is more like a ball and chain, I have to bet £365.00 of my own money on odds of 2.0 or greater to be able to withdraw my balance.

I don't usually back anything bigger than even money so suggestions people...

You'll need a fair bit of money but you should back something over evens with Betway,and then lay the same thing on Betfair.you may lose a few quid if you can't find the right odds but it's better than losing all of it.

I'm not jumping aboard this Bale hype train.

Don't think it'll be as easy as it seems and odds of evens are are bit too low imo. I'd want around 3/1 to take interest.

Hope you all smash the bookies though.  O0

3/1  ;D you'd have to walk in the bookies with a stripy jumper and a mask to come out with those kind of odds!

I'm not jumping aboard this Bale hype train.

Don't think it'll be as easy as it seems and odds of evens are are bit too low imo. I'd want around 3/1 to take interest.

Hope you all smash the bookies though.  O0

3/1  ;D you'd have to walk in the bookies with a stripy jumper and a mask to come out with those kind of odds!

My mistake,I actually meant decimal odds of 3 which is 2/1

The bet isn't him being as good as Ronaldo.

For what it's worth, Higauin and Benzema have both got 15 league goals in numerous seasons since Ronaldo has arrived.

Real have scored 100 league goals in each of the last 4 seasons.

The idea that Bale - a man who got 21 last year - can't muster 15 this season in a team where he'll get more chances, seems very unlikely to me.

He could get injured :dontknow:

:lol: Howay man. If you took that attitude with everything you wouldn't bet on anything, ever.

He might get injured. He might he decides he despises Real Madrid by January. He might score 20 goals by December.

Ladbrokes, over 14.5 - 11/10

Paddy - under 14.5 - 6/4

The bookies themselves don't know.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling on about this. I think it's an obscenely good bet, up to you to decide if you agree.

Any international betting?

:lol: Howay man. If you took that attitude with everything you wouldn't bet on anything, ever.

He might get injured. He might he decides he despises Real Madrid by January. He might score 20 goals by December.

Didn't mean to be a Debbie Downer, mate - I think I just have an aversion to long-term bets because of variables such as these - which is why I expect better odds for the money invested. For an 11/10 bet you're getting just over double your money having lost your stake money for about 8/9 months or whatever, but over the course of the season you can win 38 "1/10" bets and make more with the same stake, if you know what I mean?

Just don't like long-term bets unless the price is really big, or unless you're putting it in an accy. Just a personal preference as I said. :thup:

Didn't mean to be a Debbie Downer, mate - I think I just have an aversion to long-term bets because of variables such as these - which is why I expect better odds for the money invested. For an 11/10 bet you're getting just over double your money having lost your stake money for about 8/9 months or whatever, but over the course of the season you can win 38 "1/10" bets and make more with the same stake, if you know what I mean?

Just don't like long-term bets unless the price is really big, or unless you're putting it in an accy. Just a personal preference as I said. :thup:

That's a fair enough mentality mate, but I think long-term bets, if anything, reduce the variables. I agree, he could get injured, but that's factored into the price. If we knew he was definitely not going to get injured, the odds would reflect that. That's betting - short or long-term. Just like how a 1/10 bet might not come off one day because Barca are misfiring, etc.

I must admit I was more inclined to put an initial wedge on this as it was winnings from a previous bet. My biggest betting win came last year with Miami in the NBA which was long-term; I think if you have some patience, ante-post stuff can really be beneficial.

Edit: can see the point about it being within an accy (fwiw it will be). I guess it does take a bit of patience to invest in a 11/10 single over many months but that's part of the reason why I'm betting on it. He might get injured for a few games, he might have a poor start as he adapts - I still think even these things were to happen, I'd fancy him to get 15. I think a) he's that good and b) he'll get enough chances at Real Madrid.

Yeah, that's true - less variables on one bet (which allows for Bale to have multiple stinkers) than for a freak result on one of those 38 "1/10"s to clear you out completely.

Different strokes, I suppose. I hope/reckon you'll win FWIW - the way RM generate chances + his increased strength mean I reckon he'll avoid injury and score lots quickly.

Any England bets tonight?

-3 @ 7/4 looks pretty good. Beat them 5-0 over there earlier in the qualifying campaign.

Would imagine there'd be more goals in the 2nd half too, as they get more tired.

Think the bookies are placing a bit too much emphasis on us having a few players out.

-2 @ 8/11 looks just as appealing for a more conservative bet. Notice they actually haven't conceded *that* many goals, mind, we've rattled them in against the minnows.

Can get some quite varied odds depending what bookies you go through for these handicaps.