The 2013/14 Betting Thread

Kaizero

I hope Neil just won lots of money.

Yeah man. Hope some others got on at the insane 3/1 price. :thup:

I laughed at Neil the other day, but today it's my turn to be fucked by Sassuolo :lol:

Honestly, I was a Higuain or Hamsik goal away from having the best betting week of my life. It's been a very good week but that would have put it on a different level.

I still maintain though, they were crazy odds. Higuain to score in a Napoli win (2/1), same bet for Hamsik (7/2) - bwin got away with that big time.

But yeah, Sassuolo. Cunts. How dare they show some resolve and not lose? The cheek of them. Lazio were 2-0 up as well today weren't they? I wouldn't be happy at all with that. Was it just them?

Think Atletico will have cost an awful lot of people this weekend. Seeing "CR7's" face look like a smacked wasp was great, mind.

Just had a little look at the odds tomorrow. Even at best price 4/6, we're not good value. Not just saying that either. That's saying we'll win 60% of the time. Given the propensity for a draw in particular, that's just not a good enough price. Think 3/1 for the draw looks big. Always risky backing a draw, obviously, but I'd sure as hell rather take that at 3/1 than us at 4/6.

Nothing that I'm absolutely compelled to bet on tonight.

In terms of value, a few prices that look a bit too big though:

Ben Arfa anytime @ 9/2

Barkley MOTM @ 10/1

Ben Arfa MOTM @ 12/1

Still think 3/1 is too big for the draw. Us to win by 1 goal looks decent @ 27/10.

Nothing that I'm absolutely compelled to bet on tonight.

In terms of value, a few prices that look a bit too big though:

Ben Arfa anytime @ 9/2

Barkley MOTM @ 10/1

Ben Arfa MOTM @ 12/1

Still think 3/1 is too big for the draw. Us to win by 1 goal looks decent @ 27/10.

That Barkley bet is a cracker given his form to date.

Where is that?

You say that mate but might be worth taking advantage of whatever their sign-up offers are.

Barkley is just the sort of player who could make you some money in this market. I assume it'll go off whoever Sky give it to. Barkley has some compelling rhetoric to go with him - young player really impressing as he establishes himself in the first-team, been getting a lot of praise. It may be that he doesn't have to be the best player on the pitch as such, but merely impress with some good runs, an assist or whatever.

Well, well, well.

Just checked my bwin account - the home of the Higuain and Hamsik wincasts I was banging on about for ages last week. Just wanted to check I didn't have an extra tenner or something in there.

And what do I find? My full stakes from last week have been refunded as they've cancelled the bets. :lol:

Confirms that they made a massive pig's ear of the odds. They must have cancelled the bet shortly after the game began, mustn't have wanted to risk it. If either of those bets had won though, there'd be absolute hell on.

But as they didn't... cheers bwin.

Paddy doing money back on the usual markets if the game ends in a draw. Could be worth going there if you're looking at FGS and the such.

Sorry, but Ben Arfa anytime @ 9/2 with Skybet is far too big. He's your best player, already chipped in with a couple this season and this is likely to be an open game, so I'd be very surprised if he didn't get a chance or 2. Not that he particularly needs a chance as such, the talented wanker.

Well, hope people got on the goals market. Very predictable.

Over 2.5, over 3.5 both came in. HBA bet was way off, he was awful.

Thought I'd also take advantage of our alarming complacency by putting a small bet on 3-2 (and yep, 3-3 - I knew we'd let you back in) at HT.

Ah bollocks - don't have accounts with those and can't be arsed setting one up.

Just backed 3-2 and 2-3 - I quite fancy goals.

Also just backed Lukaku anytime and Everton win @ 4/1.

2 decent ones in.

Very good stuff. Glad you took advantage of there being goals. What you get on 3-2?

It's classic hindsight but also 4/1 looks crazy value for that bet.

Ah bollocks - don't have accounts with those and can't be arsed setting one up.

Just backed 3-2 and 2-3 - I quite fancy goals.

Also just backed Lukaku anytime and Everton win @ 4/1.

2 decent ones in.

Very good stuff. Glad you took advantage of there being goals. What you get on 3-2?

It's classic hindsight but also 4/1 looks crazy value for that bet.

3-2 was 22/1.

Yeah - I thought the 4/1 jumped out as being great value. We always struggle against physical strikers and Lukaku just seemed nailed on to score.