The Official Alan Pardew Excuses Thread

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

"the most important thing is that I put my left shoe on my left foot, it won't be easy as my other foot will be right beside it, but I have to take responsibility and remain positive"

He says as he proceeds to put a glove on his right foot and shove his left shoe up his arse.

Why go for a natural left shoe on left foot scenario when the right shoe gives you more stability and the left shoe up your arse in case the toilet paper doesn't offer enough defence? You can wear the right glove after you get home and blame it for the frostbite you've endured all day.

Thought I'd dig out some (possibly new) gems.

Pre-season humping v Cardiff, 2012

"In terms of this match, Cardiff were a different proposition for us. We have played a lot of European teams in pre-season and this was our first real British game." TOO BRITISH

Maritimo (A), 2012

"...first European game on a pitch which I have to say was of a poor standard for both teams." BAD FORRIN PITCHES

Swansea (H), 2012

“I had a young team out." - TOO MUCH YOOF (Ferguson and Sammy, no 'youth' those two aside)

So'ton (A), 2012

"I feel sorry for the young players like Shane Ferguson who are trying to find their feet in this league, they are trying to find some confidence and it us hard for them." - TOO MUCH FERGUSON

Stoke (A), 2012

"Their keeper has made two good saves, and it is galling really as we are on this run and we are having setback after setback" - TOO MANY SAVES

Bordeaux (A), 2012

"The pitch was difficult. They play rugby on that pitch and it was heavy on the legs. I thought they coped better with the pitch, and they were the better side and they deserved to win." - MOAR FORRIN PITCHES

Reading (A), 2012

"Reading did a good job of upsetting that today, they didn’t give us a moment’s peace. They were all over us, as you’d expect. That intensity and quality they’ve got will see them all right. They’ve got no worries in this Premier League." - READING TOO GOOD

Reading (H), 2013

"First half we could not have played better...We had to take Cabaye off because of an injury, that brought negative reaction from the crowd and that spread around." - FUCKING FANS, WANKERS

'Once Yohan went we was never going to be able to compete with Giroud in the looks department, I think once they got their 4th or 5th we started to come to terms with it better'

Today he could get a full house on his own! Attom didn't help, Arsenal full strenff, 53 first teamers out injured, crowd made us nervy, not enuff fret, we was more energyless, too long between games (we was rusty), they was nervous cuz my quality was back on the touchline. ..

Guest firetotheworks

I'm going to go with "the pressure from not having won" mixed with "going to Arsenal away isn't the best fixture to end a win-less streak" that and "especially when they [Arsenal] are in that kind of mood"

"Hatem's Instagram post was playing on everybody's mind tonight and it affected the way we set up from the get-go. It's a shame I have no real influence on the team except to infect it with my shitness. By the way I'd just like to make it clear that I love dicks. Gimme all the dicks in and around my mouth."

Guest hydeous

for the excuse bingo, I'm going to go with "Arsenal are fighting for the fourth place because Everton dropped points and it was always going to be difficult", "no threat since we have 5 first teamers out injured", and possibly a "the dressing room is nervous and hatems comments haven't helped"

This is quite fun. We should make this excuse bingo a regular thing!

Guest bimpy474

Reading (A), 2012

quality they’ve got will see them all right. They’ve got no worries in this Premier League."

:spit:

You're trying way too hard.

Guest bimpy474

Reading (A), 2012

quality they’ve got will see them all right. They’ve got no worries in this Premier League."

:spit:

You're trying way too hard.

At what?

You know.