Newcastle United 1 - 1 SC Braga - 10/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 27

joeyt

Guest neesy111

pre season kickabout to get fit for the season.

lets see how things pan out when the real stuff starts.

This always leads me to say people have their heads buried in sand....

I haven't been to a pre season friendly since Rob Lees debacle of a testimonial, they are boring, shit and no indication whatsoever of what's to come.

I haven't been to a pre season friendly since Rob Lees debacle of a testimonial, they are boring, s*** and no indication whatsoever of what's to come.

Tbf, as well as getting fit, it's to fine-tune the game plan.  Nothing's going to change between now and next Monday, maybe a new player (ha) but that's it.

I haven't been to a pre season friendly since Rob Lees debacle of a testimonial, they are boring, s*** and no indication whatsoever of what's to come.

The starting 11 usually is for the last friendly.

Guest neesy111

I haven't been to a pre season friendly since Rob Lees debacle of a testimonial, they are boring, shit and no indication whatsoever of what's to come.

Testimonial isn't the same as friendly.

Also we played in the Inter Toto cup that pre-season so it's completely different in terms of preparation and build up to the season.

Guest neesy111

'It's a shame on the attacking front that we still haven't really improved from last year, in terms of the personnel'

Didn't he say it would be inexcusable not to get any signings in from a summer transfer window?

Testimonial isn't the same as friendly.

Also we played in the Inter Toto cup that pre-season so it's completely different in terms of preparation and build up to the season.

The inter toto games I went to as they were proper games not friendlies. They were the best pre season preparation we could ever have as they were proper competitive games and at least in 2001 they were against reasonably decent opposition in Munich 1860 and Troyes, unlike when we played the likes of Levadia Tallin.

'It's a shame on the attacking front that we still haven't really improved from last year, in terms of the personnel'

Didn't he say it would be inexcusable not to get any signings in from a summer transfer window?

No, just that he'd be checking with Joe for an update etc. Again.

Guest neesy111

Ahh, must of mis-read a quote from his big mouth again.

Why did he do the interview in a cupboard?

Thought Dummett looked brilliant today when he came on as well. Sammy substitutionwas a strange one, should have been Marv coming on then.

I didn't see all of the second half, but I was impressed with what I saw. He looked confident in attack and defence and looks ready for his chance.

Guest neesy111

Thought Dummett looked brilliant today when he came on as well. Sammy substitutionwas a strange one, should have been Marv coming on then.

He's an Ameobi.

For what its worth I thought Sissoko was pretty gash (again) today. Can blame the system and Pardew for this, but I'm still not convinced that he's that good of a footballer

Thought he looked better than Cabaye tbh.

Guest Phil K

No creativity whatsoever... Same problem we've had for the last several year...

And whats the thing that links it all ?

PARDEW