The Battle For More Points than 2010/11 - SUCCESS!

Taylor Swift

Should be beating Cardiff and Swansea and getting something against sides like Everton and Man Utd at home.  Think we'll probably end up around 55 points, enough for 8th but no higher.

To think that in 03/04 we had 54 points after 36 games and still had 4th spot in our own hands. :lol:

Just looking at that table just 10 years ago, Portsmouth finished higher than Spurs, Man City & Everton. :yao:

...and then they did a Portsmouth :lol:.

Aye that was before their big spending period when they had the likes of Sheringham, Stone, Berger & Yakubu. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

http://i.imgur.com/ENLnoJn.png

That really is fucking sad to see. We could have really pushed on and almost replicate the 5th place finish but the people above had other fucking ideas. The first half of the season has really amounted to nothing - I can't really look at our win at Old Trafford with much pride now seeing as we've not pushed on from that point. How sad.

That really is fucking sad to see. We could have really pushed on and almost replicate the 5th place finish but the people above had other fucking ideas. The first half of the season has really amounted to nothing - I can't really look at our win at Old Trafford with much pride now seeing as we've not pushed on from that point. How sad.

We went through a spell of looking very difficult to beat and had the foundations in the squad to push on, with some desire and specific investment in January. Pardew was making some decent decisions and several players were playing well. Instead we signed no one and sold our best player. If we were a club that wanted to succeed, we could've feasibly been where Everton are now.

This season has been a bizarre compression and summation of the past few years.

First half of this season = 11/12

Second half of this season = 12/13

That really is f***ing sad to see. We could have really pushed on and almost replicate the 5th place finish but the people above had other f***ing ideas. The first half of the season has really amounted to nothing - I can't really look at our win at Old Trafford with much pride now seeing as we've not pushed on from that point. How sad.

We went through a spell of looking very difficult to beat and had the foundations in the squad to push on, with some desire and specific investment in January. Pardew was making some decent decisions and several players were playing well. Instead we signed no one and sold our best player. If we were a club that wanted to succeed, we could've feasibly been where Everton are now.

This season has been a bizarre compression and summation of the past few years.

First half of this season = 11/12

Second half of this season = 12/13

Had we had any decency and class we would be in that bunch around Spurs & Man Utd. There's a chance West Ham and even Palace could overtake us.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

A win better off than when we were a newly promoted side. Shameful with the players that we've got.