The Battle For More Points than 2010/11 - SUCCESS!

Taylor Swift

5 points off Man Utd & Everton and both have to come to St James'.

Just saying. ;)

They'll both probably win at St james which will make it 8 points. Also Everton have a game in hand so that could make it 11 points. Just saying. ;)

Guest bimpy474

Just saying. ;)

Which makes our lack of transfers all the more annoying. We miss chance after chance to go that little step further.

Just saying. ;)

Effectively 6 with goal difference like. But yeah, just compounds how pathetic our January was. No ambition to build on a decent start whatsoever, just doing the minimum possible.

Annoying how close we still are to 2011/12 yet have no desire to kick on like we did then - although having said that it was a really scrappy 1-0 that got us on the road to that great run of form (easily Pardews best ever run with Hatem instrumental to it but ho hum).

If we wanted to 6th is still up for grabs, 7th is definitely on as Everton are stuttering and Man U now have Champs League returning, both of which are potentially Europe bearing

http://i.imgur.com/F5jHYhx.png

That's the table Garth Crooks and co look at when they tell us Pardew is doing a good job this year.

This is the one they should look at...

http://i61.tinypic.com/30xh4jo.jpg

Scraped survival by the skin of our teeth last year...but we were still outscoring this years shambles.

The quality in the league is dreadful.  14 teams (maybe 13) whose only aim is not to lose games.

On one hand, we've played all the teams above us away from home now and we also have a game in hand.

On the other, I've been telling anyone who would listen that I can count on one hand the number of times we've played well in the past 2-3 months. While the last 3 away games (Liverpool, Spurs (really don't think they're very good so that was particularly galling) and Chelsea) have firmly ended any hopes of properly getting anywhere this season, the problems were there beforehand. Injuries are a factor but that's not the reason. Ultimately we've become predictable recently, not pushed on in the transfer window - yet again - and now are settled with scraping around for an EL place. Good-o!

On one hand, we've played all the teams above us away from home now and we also have a game in hand.

On the other, I've been telling anyone who would listen that I can count on one hand the number of times we've played well in the past 2-3 months. While the last 3 away games (Liverpool, Spurs (really don't think they're very good so that was particularly galling) and Chelsea) have firmly ended any hopes of properly getting anywhere this season, the problems were there beforehand. Injuries are a factor but that's not the reason. Ultimately we've become predictable recently, not pushed on in the transfer window - yet again - and now are settled with scraping around for an EL place. Good-o!

We have to travel to Liverpool and Arsenal.

Last 3 away were Chelsea, Nowrich and West Ham.

Are you on meth?

Are you on meth?

Silly question to ask a scouser.