Paul Dummett: Released (official)

Guest palnese

Looked awful, generally does in most games imo but I keep hearing how he's solid enough defensively from a few people so I begin to doubt myself...and then I see him play dreadfully again and again. It's not a coincidence, he's just fucking bang average on his best day.

Well he is decent defensively. Just abysmal when he's got the ball at his feet which means we pretty much lose our left sided threat going forward, and in this division that is going to cost us points.

I don't remember other defensively decent players getting skinned frequently by Fulham right backs. He commits too often and loses position, ergo not good defensively. He has a strong header and 1v1 tackle, nothing else worthy of praise except maybe general positioning. A defender isn't just there to tackle/head.

Had Dummett been fit for maybe 2 more games we'd probably have stayed up last season. Hate him or not, he's a pretty good defender, but we do need to replace him because he's worthless in possession of the ball.

I can't remember many defeats/draws last season where I thought afterwards, 'we'd have won that with Dummett'.

You ain't thinking too hard then, because we played Jack Colback and Anita out in LB and were torn to shreds on that side.

Had Dummett been fit for maybe 2 more games we'd probably have stayed up last season. Hate him or not, he's a pretty good defender, but we do need to replace him because he's worthless in possession of the ball.

Pretty much this.

If he was foreign with tats he'd have a cult following by now, but he's just another local lad getting dogs abuse from the shoes off, 3-in-1 haircut, Soccer AM bred mongs we have following the club nowadays.

We didn't have him fro Leicester, Sunderland, Norwich or Southampton. Convinced that if he played in those matches we'd maybe have snuck another point or two. Leicester's goal came directly off of Colback stupid foul in the channel which led to a free kick that Okazaki overhead goal from a few yards out. We were turd defending out wide versus Norwich too.

I still want to replace him, don't get me wrong. I'm happy with him as a purely defensive backup. But if we want to progress as a club we need to upgrade his position or sell him at some point when we have the right reinforcements in place.

I still want to replace him, don't get me wrong. I'm happy with him as a purely defensive backup. But if we want to progress as a club we need to upgrade his position or sell him at some point when we have the right reinforcements in place.

My feelings entirely. We need, and have needed for some time a decent left back, be he is nowhere near as bad as some people make out.

Pretty much this.

If he was foreign with tats he'd have a cult following by now, but he's just another local lad getting dogs abuse from the shoes off, 3-in-1 haircut, Soccer AM bred mongs we have following the club nowadays.

It's complete speculation - you might be right Kanji but he's not a premier league player in as long as there's a hole in his arse and relying on the likes of him is folly. As for the nonsense UncleBingo has just spouted, well...

I can't remember many defeats/draws last season where I thought afterwards, 'we'd have won that with Dummett'.

You ain't thinking too hard then, because we played Jack Colback and Anita out in LB and were torn to shreds on that side.

Yep, exactly. We all know he's a poor footballer but the defensive unit clearly improved when he returned for the last 6 games.

Pretty much this.

:ructions:

Not really.  We have produced a lot of average/shit players of late.  Who don't really have any redeeming qualities as a player.  That's probably why they're not rated by the fans.  Nowt to do with them being local lads.   

I don't remember Dummett getting dogs abuse, either?  He's a solid defender and a likeable enough bloke.  He is just dreadful on the ball and offers pretty much the square root of fuck all, going forward.

Pretty much this.

What a load of rubbish,the fact that Dummett is a geordie lad is the reason people for a long time have defended him

He's a poor  bottom half possibly, midtable championship defender. 

Pretty much this.

It's complete speculation - you might be right Kanji but he's not a premier league player in as long as there's a hole in his arse and relying on the likes of him is folly. As for the nonsense UncleBingo has just spouted, well...

Had we gone and to draw or beat Fulham last Friday, I'd have pointed out that since he was back fit and playing for Rafa, we've not lost a match (was an unused sub v Southampton) but i would have maintained, like I have for an eternity - he's probably better suited to be a backup CB or LB and really nothing more than that. He's not good enough with the ball and he'll continue to make us an unbalanced team in attack as long as he's playing.

Pretty much this.

What a load of rubbish,the fact that Dummett is a geordie lad is the reason people for a long time have defended him

No player gets the benefit of that on here, like. Rightfully so.

At the match players from the area definitely get afforded a bit more patience.

I get the feeling that the majority on here would be happy to see him go, me too by the way, I'm sure we can buy a much better prospect with the money we can sell him for.

But the majority of fans according to this poll disagree with our collective wisdom, a staggering 78%, http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/paul-dummett-wanted-premier-league-11729853

I think this may have something to do with the wording the Ronny Gill has used, which they've probably done on purpose for whatever reasons they have. They should have just asked "Would you sell Paul dummett". Hell yeah.

Pretty much this.

What tosh man. Players like Taylor and to a lesser extent Dummett and Colback get an easy ride off a lot of our fans because they're local lads, despite being extremely average on their best days.

Pretty much this.

This is true. Fans will always want to see local players succeed, it's natural.

Dummett is extremely average but could still be a useful player to have across the 50 games. If we get thrown a few million our way then fair enough, but I'd be inclined to keep him this season.

Pretty much this.

Dummett is extremely average but could still be a useful player to have across the 50 games. If we get thrown a few million our way then fair enough, but I'd be inclined to keep him this season.

How much do you reckon?  I'm thinking somewhere between 2 and 4 million.

Pretty much this.

How much do you reckon?  I'm thinking somewhere between 2 and 4 million.

Somewhere between 2.9 and 3.1 million if you ask me.

There was literally a banner in the ground that read "Dummett Out" :lol:

There was some cult hatred of him a couple of years ago but it's subsided, I don't think many really defend him though.

I want him to do well and at least turn into a decent backup CB for us (I'm not that bothered or out though). Unlike Colback and Taylor he doesn't come across as an insufferable bellend.