Paul Dummett: Released (official)

Guest palnese

I wonder what his pass completion percent was. Losing possession all the time just invites pressure (especially against better teams).

Colback is another one, but at least Dummett has done well defensively lately. You noticed when Colback tried to head the ball twice in our penalty area? First one straight up in the air and the second one he almost missed completely and it went backwards to Darlow luckily :lol: :lol:

31.6%. That's criminal that. Over the course of the season he's comfortably the lowest of the back 4 too.

I wonder what his pass completion percent was. Losing possession all the time just invites pressure (especially against better teams).

Colback is another one, but at least Dummett has done well defensively lately. You noticed when Colback tried to head the ball twice in our penalty area? First one straight up in the air and the second one he almost missed completely and it went backwards to Darlow luckily :lol: :lol:

31.6%. That's criminal that. Over the course of the season he's comfortably the lowest of the back 4 too.

Christ, that's not acceptable at all like. I don't care if you're solid defensively, to give away the ball over two thirds of the time you have it, you're just creating problems for the team.

Christ, that's not acceptable at all like. I don't care if you're solid defensively, to give away the ball over two thirds of the time you have it, you're just creating problems for the team.

Wasn't even the lowest in the starting XI :lol:

He does lose the ball too much. But Benitez doesn't mind so much when it doesn't cause massive problems. Unlike a Mbemba pass. There's 3/4 weaknesses in the team Rafa would look at before Dummett.

In a first-choice XI? If Benitez had had his way in January and signed Townsend, Dummett would have been next to be replaced in the regular starting XI imo. 

Darlow; Yedlin, Dummett, Lascelles, Clark; Hayden, Shelvey; Gouffran, Ritchie, Diame; Gayle.

Thank fuck I didn't watch it, we must have been fucking awful :lol: Who had worse?

He does lose the ball too much. But Benitez doesn't mind so much when it doesn't cause massive problems. Unlike a Mbemba pass. There's 3/4 weaknesses in the team Rafa would look at before Dummett.

In a first-choice XI? If Benitez had had his way in January and signed Townsend, Dummett would have been next to be replaced in the regular starting XI imo. 

Darlow; Yedlin, Dummett, Lascelles, Clark; Hayden, Shelvey; Gouffran, Ritchie, Diame; Gayle.

Well we didn't sign Townsend so that's 1 position.

Colback is an injury away from starting. Rafa doesn't rate him highly but I don't think he wants so much responsibility on Hayden in the PL. CM will be a priority.

Benitez doesn't rate Mitro or Ayoze tremendously high. I'll think he'll try and move them on and look for first XI replacements.. at least one of those positions imo.

I don't think Rafa will trust a Clark - Lascelles as his first choice in the PL either. Lascelles already benefits from some time out the Champo - he'll not be ready for 38 PL games either.

A winger. CM. Central attacker. CB. All before he wants to replace Dummett.

A marauding LB isn't a top priority in a well-functioning Rafa  Benitez side. His first Liverpool signing was a 6'1 right-back who he described as "good in the air". Sure Finnan as better but you can see where his mindset.

Thank fuck I didn't watch it, we must have been fucking awful :lol: Who had worse?

Mitro, although I will caveat that with strikers do tend to have lower completion rates as a whole although obvs not 31%

Guest neesy111

He's ok defensively but due to our formation you need more from our full backs.

He's not as good as some make him out to be defensively mind, I see so many times when teams exploit the ball around him.

It's not due to the formation at all, like. Rafa's never been one to encourage his full backs to maraud forward. It's due to the fact that Gouffran carries all the threat of Richard E. Grant after a vodka and orange juice.

Well we didn't sign Townsend so that's 1 position.

Colback is an injury away from starting. Rafa doesn't rate him highly but I don't think he wants so much responsibility on Hayden in the PL. CM will be a priority.

Benitez doesn't rate Mitro or Ayoze tremendously high. I'll think he'll try and move them on and look for first XI replacements.. at least one of those positions imo.

I don't think Rafa will trust a Clark - Lascelles as his first choice in the PL either. Lascelles already benefits from some time out the Champo - he'll not be ready for 38 PL games either.

A winger. CM. Central attacker. CB. All before he wants to replace Dummett.

A marauding LB isn't a top priority in a well-functioning Rafa  Benitez side. His first Liverpool signing was a 6'1 right-back who he described as "good in the air". Sure Finnan as better but you can see where his mindset.

I don't agree, he'll want a left-back. Bye.

It's not due to the formation at all, like. Rafa's never been one to encourage his full backs to maraud forward. It's due to the fact that Gouffran carries all the threat of Richard E. Grant after a vodka and orange juice.

Absolutely. Let's sort the Gouffran problem out first and we might find a better balance down that side.

My issue with Dummett isn't necessarily his ability going forward (although it would be good if he was better at that), it's more the fact that certain basic footballing tasks are beyond him like having a decent touch, being able to pick and then play a pass etc.  He needs to significantly improve his composure on the ball and be able to pass the ball out from the back without losing possession and I've seen no signs that he has improved in this regard at all.

Attempts the same pass nearly every time, the chip/dink down the left wing, that's if he can't go square or backwards

Think it might partly be down to instruction. If Rafa doesn't want Mbemba to play certain passes, he wouldn't want Dummett to try and find Shelvey in the middle currently. It would make more problems that it solves.

Yeah I definitely don't think its instrution, more the fact he needs about 3 touches just to get the ball under control and panics and boots it forward.

If that was the case he'd have been out of the team months ago. For who I'm not sure, mind. All of the replacements are far worse at best.