Paul Dummett: Released (official)

Guest palnese

Guest neesy111

He's having a decent season and is clearly our best left back. The hatred of him has always completely baffled me.

It's very likely that he'll be on the bench next year.

I'm guessing it's a frustration with how bad our left side is at attacking.

He's having a decent season and is clearly our best left back. The hatred of him has always completely baffled me.

It's very likely that he'll be on the bench next year.

Be surprised if he isn't first choice tbh. We'd have to sell about three left-backs in order to push him down the pecking order.

He's the most consistent player in our squad. You get a solid, well-drilled 6.5-7/10 performance in virtually every game he plays; you need performers like that, particularly in a division like this one.

i agree.

can't think of a less than 7/10 from him since the opening day.

Don't think there is a great deal of difference between him and Colback in terms of quality and level - but Dummett is a pashunnnn filled Geordie boy whereas Colback is a dirty ex-mackem 3-0 so one gets away with it rather than the other.

I'm not referring to their form as Colback is undoubtedly in awful form, whereas Dummett is playing better at the moment. I'm talking about their level in general.

Had some good games this season aye, but he's also been ripped apart just as many times. He cant deal with a diagonal ball over the top, which teams often try to capatalise on (Forest away and yesterday for examples).

Good enough at this level, but needs upgrading on should we go up.

Maybe a unpopular opinion but meh, that's what forums are for. I await the abuse. Sorry Ronaldo, I know you'll take this especially badly, I look forward to your upcoming insult.

Don't think there is a great deal of difference between him and Colback in terms of quality and level - but Dummett is a pashunnnn filled Geordie boy whereas Colback is a dirty ex-mackem 3-0 so one gets away with it rather than the other.

I'm not referring to their form as Colback is undoubtedly in awful form, whereas Dummett is playing better at the moment. I'm talking about their level in general.

Had some good games this season aye, but he's also been ripped apart just as many times. He cant deal with a diagonal ball over the top, which teams often try to capatalise on (Forest away and yesterday for examples).

Good enough at this level, but needs upgrading on should we go up.

Maybe a unpopular opinion but meh, that's what forums are for. I await the abuse. Sorry Ronaldo, I know you'll take this especially badly, I look forward to your upcoming insult.

You're basically right - so I wouldn't worry.