Newcastle United 1 - 0 Fulham - 31/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 34

Beren

Pretty much the same as we've seen all year. Solid in midfield, some tidy stuff, shocking in the final third.

Fulham are so lazy. We're not doing much to lift the occasion. REMY AND GOUFF AND CABAYE PLEASE

Sissoko should be getting in the box more but I don't think it's a player thing.  I think it's a tactical decision from Pardew, caution first.  We've played so many midfielders but they never get in the box.

I've been pleased with Anita and Sissoko this game. I think our biggest problem is the lack of actual technical ability in our forwards.  Neither have the ability to control a ball and bring others into play.

Very very tidy at the back. The Colo-MYM combo is coming along well. Sissoko and Anita also look like a good partnership. Ben Arfa has been cack poor chap, finally some movement from Cisse and Shola is of course useless. Meh it's been worse but very much available 3 points here. Pardew is going to be a coward nontheless and will try and hold on to a scoreless draw.

Sissoko should be getting in the box more but I don't think it's a player thing.  I think it's a tactical decision from Pardew, caution first. We've played so many midfielders but they never get in the box.

I've been pleased with Anita and Sissoko this game. I think our biggest problem is the lack of actual technical ability in our forwards.  Neither have the ability to control a ball and bring others into play.

I concur.

Anita and Mapou the best two.

:nods:

Have to say, we look loads better as a whole. Solid defense and build-up play through the midfield. Play in the final third has been abysmal. Getting no movement at all from Shola and Cisse, and none of the midfielders are crashing the box when we push forward.

Guest bimpy474

Feel a bit sorry for Birtles. Clearly being forced to watch a sport he absolutely detests.

he's telling the truth, he clearly sounds like he's bored out of his wits.  Can you blame the guy.

He sometimes does the Spanish footy, and when one of them dives, which is rather often, he goes berserk. It's brilliant :lol: