Thoughts on this summer's transfer window

Jack Flash
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's been obvious for a long time that avoiding relegation on a shoestring is the plan.

Ashley sees that as the only way to turn a profit, he knows it's a gamble but it's one he's willing to take. We've just avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth and we're going back into battle with a smaller squad and one loan signing who may end up behind bars. Ashley would be delighted with 17th place. It'll always be the same until he's gone.

Until a large number of fans stop giving the club money he isn't going to drop his asking price and sell up.

Guest icemanblue

Didn't go very well, really, did it?

People allowed to be pissed off yet? Just checking like.

:lol: Well, the window is closed now. So, yeah, now would be a good time. Not sure they need my, or anyone elses, permission, like.

Properly sad as fuck, that, by the way. :thup:

It will be stretched and over run (imo). No where enough discipline to keep close as a unit. Will be spread out all over the place with Sissoko and Anita covering the wings and Cabaye lunging in.

I disagree, naturally when defending the forwards have to drop in a bit aswell, it's not like they'll stand on the half way line waiting for us to get the ball back.

Hope you're right but i doubt it will work, unfortunately.

It will be stretched and over run (imo). No where enough discipline to keep close as a unit. Will be spread out all over the place with Sissoko and Anita covering the wings and Cabaye lunging in.

I disagree, naturally when defending the forwards have to drop in a bit aswell, it's not like they'll stand on the half way line waiting for us to get the ball back.

seems like pardew agrees with you mind..........................surely that must make you think I'm right ?

Premier League clubs spent a record £630m in the summer transfer window, according to Deloitte's Sports Business Group.

The previous record of £500m was set in 2008. The transfer window closed at 23:00 BST on Monday.

Quite concerning how everyone else has strengthened.

Premier League clubs spent a record £630m in the summer transfer window, according to Deloitte's Sports Business Group.

The previous record of £500m was set in 2008. The transfer window closed at 23:00 BST on Monday.

Quite concerning how everyone else has strengthened.

except our near neighbours.

seems like pardew agrees with you mind..........................surely that must make you think I'm right ?

Knots by R.D. Laing!!!!!!

:lol: Well, the window is closed now. So, yeah, now would be a good time. Not sure they need my, or anyone elses, permission, like.

Nearly as sad as mocking fellow fans all summer when it turns out they were completely right. :thup: :thup:

Nearly as sad as mocking fellow fans all summer when it turns out they were completely right. :thup: :thup:

Come on Dave... you can do better than that.

Guest icemanblue

Haha, righto, that's exactly what I was doing. Not mocking the over the top, melodramatic shite, but just mocking the real, diehard fans. Reveling in our inactivity, I was. Difference is I tend to take the piss directly out of them, rather than posting passive aggressive mystery posts aimed at no one. Grow up, man.

Have to agree with Dave. There's been a few posters that have been mocking others for predicting exactly what happened saying wait till the window shuts. Well it's shut now and I'm sure those that did mock will backtrack and pretend like they didn't.

Have to agree with Dave. There's been a few posters that have been mocking others for predicting exactly what happened saying wait till the window shuts. Well it's shut now and I'm sure those that did mock will backtrack and pretend like they didn't.

I haven't seen anyone doing this. We've had a shit window, please complain about it. It's just the pre-complaining about things that haven't happened, and the martyrs reveling in assuming the worst of everything, that's annoying.