Thoughts on this summer's transfer window

Jack Flash
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We're dependent on Remy staying fit and out of jail. Otherwise, we'll find it difficult to score.

Gomis would have brightened the picture. It's hard to tell what happened there. He may have been stringing everyone along from the start.

I reckon Ashley is getting his own back because some morons in our support base threatened his family.  He ihas clearly decided not to give us anything other than the bare minimum to function and nothing more.

That the threat that Northumbria Police confirmed never existed?

They confirmed nothing of the sort.

Sorry, my mistake. They confirmed they'd not advised Ashley of any threat.

Better. :thup:

Don't make me defend the cnut. Not tonight. :lol:

We're dependent on Remy staying fit and out of jail. Otherwise, we'll find it difficult to score.

Gomis would have brightened the picture. It's hard to tell what happened there. He may have been stringing everyone along from the start.

It really isn't.

Shocking window, I think we were genuinely a striker and winger away from being genuine top 7 contenders, in spite of Pardew being in charge.

One sentence says it all. We got a glimpse in the last 15 mins on Saturday what was possible with just the slightest feel for the club from the owner.

We still could mind, but instead of having a relatively enjoyable season, we're relying on HBA, Remy & Cisse in particular, staying fit until January at least.

That's just it though, we've already played our first 3 games without all three of them fit to start.

Are we actually -500k or something considering Perch was sold?

Did Perch, Harper and Simpson going free up just enough wages for Remy. It's ridiculous we have not been able to fund any transfers yet again when they are required despite all other teams strengthening significantly. Can't honestly see us finishing above 13/14th this season

If Gomis was stringing us along then we went along with it quite willingly.

Disappointed. Thought we would get Gomis, and to go along with Remy they were the two players we needed the most. The squad is not that bad, but not a good window obviously.

I did too but about a week ago I finally figured out that Gomis was the Kaizer Sose of all football transfers. We were conned big time by our hierarchy on that one.

Guest firetotheworks

In the past I've said that I wasn't surprised and it was entirely predictable, but there was still a twinge of surprise if I was totally honest. This time it's exactly as I predicted and there's no twinge of surprise at all. I feel like he's won for getting me into this position.

In the past I've said that I wasn't surprised and it was entirely predictable, but there was still a twinge of surprise if I was totally honest. This time it's exactly as I predicted and there's no twinge of surprise at all. I feel like he's won for getting me into this position.

Yep, I'd have been shocked to have seen us in for anyone today, the penny's dropped the further into the summer we've got.

Nothing surprising in what's gone on, I'm pleased with Remy but it very much feels as though everyone else has moved forward and improved whilst we've just stood still. Our first XI has improved with the Remy addition but another striker was needed along with a winger. Still think that our biggest mistake of the summer was not sacking Pardew, although if Kinnear was to be his replacement then we've dodged a hefty bullet.

Nothing surprising in what's gone on, I'm pleased with Remy but it very much feels as though everyone else has moved forward and improved whilst we've just stood still. Our first XI has improved with the Remy addition but another striker was needed along with a winger. Still think that our biggest mistake of the summer was not sacking Pardew, although if Kinnear was to be his replacement then we've dodged a hefty bullet.

The only problem is, that bullet is like a boomerang, and it's going to arrive back here at some point  :undecided:

Horrendous window, and we've missed a great opportunity to significantly strengthen in one or two key positions (especially left wing) with some very obvious options completely ignored (Scott Sinclair would have been great).

I think the only good thing that may come out of this summer, if anything at all, is the dismissal of Pardew. Though what happens after that would be anyone's guess.