Thoughts on this summer's transfer window

Jack Flash
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If I'm honest, unconcerned, just like I've been all summer. Been a lot more worried about our management/coaching than the squad. I think our current team is good enough for a Europa League spot if managed competently (especially with just domestic competitions to worry about).

My thoughts are -

We went for a few players but didn`t want to get ripped off on price or wages.

We have a good enough squad of players, if we had a better manager.

Ashley believes Pardew that the poor season was all down to Europe and now we are not in it our squad will finish 5th again.

My thoughts are -

Ashley believes Pardew that the poor season was all down to Europe and now we are not in it our squad will finish 5th again.

first XI and half a bench.

We have no one who can play LW. No one. Hardly a squad good enough without that is it?

do we need that.........

krul

debuchy  colo  mapou    santon

sissoko    cabaye  anita

ben arfa    cisse  remy

none of our midfielders excpet tiote seem to have midfield 4 as their natural game, same goes for ben arfa. even jonas would now seem best suited to a middle 3. we even have the attacking full backs for it. movement is the key from those middle 3 (watch anita, constant movement) and ben arfa/remy can pull wide leaqving gaps for the midfield to hopefully exploit.

My thoughts are -

Hence good enough, not brilliant. We could in Ashley`s mind fluke a good finish again.

We have no one who can play LW. No one. Hardly a squad good enough without that is it?

do we need that.........

krul

sissoko    cabaye  anita

ben arfa    cisse  remy

none of our midfielders excpet tiote seem to have midfield 4 as their natural game, same goes for ben arfa. even jonas would now seem best suited to a middle 3. we even have the attacking full backs for it. movement is the key from those middle 3 (watch anita, constant movement) and ben arfa/remy can pull wide leaqving gaps for the midfield to hopefully exploit.

Pards likes 4-4-2 in case no one has noticed. Also, a genuine 4-3-3 with that midfield is asking for trouble unless we've had to throw caution to the wind and go for it.

My thoughts are -

Hence good enough, not brilliant. We could in Ashley`s mind fluke a good finish again.

aye, no doubt, just in my mind a squad is more than the first XI and bench and we are struggling after the first XV or so. Have to say i'm not to familiar with other clubs squads beyond that level so I'm struggling to compare really.

My thoughts are -

So if we have another good finishing position, it's another fluke?  :hmm:

do we need that.........

krul

sissoko    cabaye  anita

ben arfa    cisse  remy

Pards likes 4-4-2 in case no one has noticed. Also, a genuine 4-3-3 with that midfield is asking for trouble unless we've had to throw caution to the wind and go for it.

why is that midfield asking for trouble ? seems to have most bases covered, can tackle, recieve the ball confortably, pass it well and cabaye showed whenin a 3 his movement is very good, also allows sissoko to get wide at times aswell and we know what he can do.

Guest bimpy474

I know this window was not good. Mrs Bimpy even commented that it was a joke, if the bog of eternal stench noticed it, it must have been bad.

It will be stretched and over run (imo). No where enough discipline to keep close as a unit. Will be spread out all over the place with Sissoko and Anita covering the wings and Cabaye lunging in.

I disagree, naturally when defending the forwards have to drop in a bit aswell, it's not like they'll stand on the half way line waiting for us to get the ball back.

It will be stretched and over run (imo). No where enough discipline to keep close as a unit. Will be spread out all over the place with Sissoko and Anita covering the wings and Cabaye lunging in.

I disagree, naturally when defending the forwards have to drop in a bit aswell, it's not like they'll stand on the half way line waiting for us to get the ball back.

It's out best available lineup by far, always has been. Just hope the end of the Fulham game might give Pardew the encouragement he needs to go for it.