Thoughts on this summer's transfer window

Jack Flash
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In January I saw us sign five players in the space of a week, so they can't tell me that it was too difficult for us to sign anyone this summer. We stayed up and therefore the board has no reason to spend money, that's what's happened. If there's a significant threat of relegation in January, I'm sure we'll spend like we did this year. Other than that, I can't see a great deal happening. We might get Gomis, completing a narrative that mirrors the Debuchy saga.

In January the threat of relegation kick-started us out of our complacency and we were forced into buying players and paying a bit more to get the deals done early rather than wait until summer. Now we are back in normal mode of only buying at the lowest possible price otherwise see you in the next window. We might well sign a couple more players next January if the deal is right regardless of whether we are in relegation trouble.

In January I saw us sign five players in the space of a week, so they can't tell me that it was too difficult for us to sign anyone this summer. We stayed up and therefore the board has no reason to spend money, that's what's happened. If there's a significant threat of relegation in January, I'm sure we'll spend like we did this year. Other than that, I can't see a great deal happening. We might get Gomis, completing a narrative that mirrors the Debuchy saga.

In January the threat of relegation kick-started us out of our complacency and we were forced into buying players and paying a bit more to get the deals done early rather than wait until summer. Now we are back in normal mode of only buying at the lowest possible price otherwise see you in the next window. We might well sign a couple more players next January if the deal is right regardless of whether we are in relegation trouble.

We might - who knows? You would think Gomis will be available for a cheaper price so we might re-visit that one.

When you say we 'paid a bit more' in January - that's a generous way of putting it really. We paid more than nowt - it's insulting our intelligence when they say they 'brought the spending forward'. If we'd waited until the (this) summer, we'd have spent nothing, as was intended.

The Club needs ownership that matches the Fans ambition. The fans of Newcastle dont expect titles or cups or any of that stuff- we just dont do trophies.

But they do expect us to go into every game with a hope and a chance of winning or competing. 

To do that requires more investment than the current ownership is willing to give. it requires ownership that aknowledges the point of existence of the club in the first place.

There is a much bigger well of cash available from fans to an ambitious regime- got no proof of this but do believe, and im certain myself, people would be willing to spend more to see better.

The club is bumping along the bottom under this regime, and an owner that has no concern for the actual reason the club exists.

Regime change is the only solution.

Ay!

I am just tired of the fact we are heading no where.

There are no go, no drive, no ambition. It just sucks the life out of you.

I find it so strange, i was under the impression that Ashley was a winner, a do or die kind of man. Who went over bodies to achieve success.

I would have thought he would do what is in his power to at least maximize the cash flow, ensure we have a good manager go for it by the means we have.

Here its just nothing, no fight, nothing.

Its kind of the worst cases this, just a vacuum.

Thought we did well to keep our best players, after such a shit season it was a tough ask. The club should be praised for this, as well as bringing in Remy.

Nope, can't keep a straight face  :lol:

Still absolutely seething.

But deep down I knew that this summer's spending had been done in Jan. Dekka's talk of 'bringing some deals forward' told me the writing was on the wall and we wouldn't be spending a penny this window.

The fucking cunts.

We might - who knows? You would think Gomis will be available for a cheaper price so we might re-visit that one.

When you say we 'paid a bit more' in January - that's a generous way of putting it really. We paid more than nowt - it's insulting our intelligence when they say they 'brought the spending forward'. If we'd waited until the (this) summer, we'd have spent nothing, as was intended.

Well that's pretty much what I said, we ended up paying more than was intended because of the fear of relegation. Obviously the regime will spin it differently. The truth is we will spend money but only when we can get players so cheap it would be idiotic to pass up the opportunity.

But deep down I knew that this summer's spending had been done in Jan. Dekka's talk of 'bringing some deals forward' told me the writing was on the wall and we wouldn't be spending a penny this window.

The fucking cunts.

Embarrassingly enough I bet we'd have signed someone had Llambias been here.

The fucking cunts.

Douglas for a start.

Based on transfer fees that were widely accepted in the media and/or confirmed, I've got our net spend at £-22m since Ashley came to the club. £83m on fees spent and £105m on fees received.

(First paid departure was David Rozehnal to Lazio for £2.9m, first signing was Jonas which eventually rose to £5m.)

It's probably not accurate to the penny but we've certainly turned a comfortable profit on transfer fees since Ashley bought the club.

I know this because, since about 2006, I've been sad enough to keep a chronicle of squads, results, signings, etc, in various Word documents. It's the only folder that migrated from my old PC. :laugh:

Based on transfer fees that were widely accepted in the media and/or confirmed, I've got our net spend at £-22m since Ashley came to the club. £83m on fees spent and £105m on fees received.

(First paid departure was David Rozehnal to Lazio for £2.9m, first signing was Jonas which eventually rose to £5m.)

It's probably not accurate to the penny but we've certainly turned a comfortable profit on transfer fees since Ashley bought the club.

I know this because, since about 2006, I've been sad enough to keep a chronicle of squads, results, signings, etc, in various Word documents. It's the only folder that migrated from my old PC. :laugh:

Stato Yorkie :smug:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11662/8904364/grade-your-team

Sky sports on our transfer window :lol::

"Some directors of football have never played the game. Every top club in the land has got one. We haven't, that's the difference. The manager can't do everything. I'm probably the only football manager to be a director of football. I've been a manager for 35 years. I've been Manager of the Year. I've won every award there is in football as a player. I think all those qualities put me head and shoulders above every other director of football." Sometimes a quote does the job for you in this game. Cheers Joe. On the plus side, Yohan Kebab hasn't been moved on.

Grade: D Best buy: Loic Remy

Grade D is the lowest score btw.

The f***ing c***s.

Douglas for a start.

Sounds like Bent was virtually "a done deal" if the press are to be believed - until JFK got involved. Granted he was not an obvious fit but would have been happy to see him around our squad. Cisse is so f*cking hit and miss, a bit of competition for the poacher role could only have been good.

Guest Roger Kint

We still owed out around £24m iirc to other clubs for players when he came in so thats a nice round total of fuck all spent in his time on transfers :lol:

Bet the fat prick has a spreadsheet of his own trying to perfectly balance it :(

• 11 months later...

Thoughts on this summer's transfer window: actually spent lots more money than I expected but I've never been more convinced that giving up the season ticket was the right decision.

I simply don't enjoy following the club any more, in any aspect. All of my enthusiasm for it has finally been expended. The fire has gone out.