NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would have taken him a few years ago when he was leaving Blackburn but not now. He hasn't had good form or attitude and he has switched clubs 4 times in 2 seasons. He's also probably on crazy wages. Wouldn't go near him, but as others have said buying a tall, physical CB should be on the shopping list.

We will only be in for him if he's cheap.

Hes a good penalty box defender because of his presence but I feel his limitations wouId hold us back when we try to play football.

He's right up Pardews street.

Guest Roger Kint

His agent must be making a killing from these deals.

According to that transfermkt site its £44.5m from Blackburn til Moscow. That will be one hell of an agents cut on those.

Pretty sure his agent is our old friend Willie McKay

Mystery solved

I think he's overrated. I remember when Blackburn went down (before he went off), if looked at the goals they conceded most of them were down to his defensive mistakes.

He caught everyone's eye because at set pieces he could tower over a defender to get the ball clear but in general play he was average.

Plenty of teams have played good football with CBs who can't do s*** on the ball. It's only really a problem when you have 2 defenders on the same side who don't want it, such as Simpson and Williamson.

Not bothered about he's technical ability, its ability as a defender that concerns me and did in his prime.... now he has lost a lot of his physical ability and isn't half as good as he was even if he was in my eyes still overrated then.

Well, yeah, that's all true. I just hate it when people bring up lack of footballing ability as a serious flaw in a CB. We've been spoilt in that sense with Colo but I'd always look for a defender who's physically good enough and can mark before anything else.

Tbh i couldn't care less what an incoming CBs ball playing ability is as long as it doesn't put us in trouble.

I want a more athletic and aerially dominant version of Williamson and that will be fine.

this very much this, priority when looking at a new cb must always be can they bloody defend not if they're decent on the ball that would just be a nice bonus

Like the look of Finnbogason, hope we get him.

Can he play the Shola role :lol: ?

Honestly that's all i want from a striker, someone who can hold the ball up and bring others into play.... well that and actually score goals and not collapse after an hour every game.

Like the look of Finnbogason, hope we get him.

Can he play the Shola role :lol: ?

Honestly that's all i want from a striker, someone who can hold the ball up and bring others into play.... well that and actually score goals and not collapse after an hour every game.

From the 2min video I've seen: Loves a ball over the top, precise hoof all not outright willo hoof so will struggle in this setup.

Got a great touch on him, can't teach that and is very much transferable league to league IMO.