NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest palnese

Shelvey just turned 22. He's far from the finished product and will improve

anywhere but here

He's a decent player, but you're making it out like he's the next Paul Scholes or something.

Not at all, but he's one of the better English prospects in the league.

I've always liked him, even though he tries to be just like his hero, Stevie G.

Both together, with none of the other midfielders going, I'd be happy with that area next season.

I'd still want another playmaker of Cabaye's ilk, probably won't get it so meh.

Of course we won't. Otherwise Pardew will have to think of NEW excuses.

I'd have both Colback and Shelvey here for what it's worth, just not under this cunt of a manager.

Why not? Might as well give the fraud a chance to prove he's just as shit with British players as well.

shelvey ffs.

If Colback and Shelvey are our targets you know their has been a shift in Pardews favour

Shelvey is a Gerrard wannabe and despite Liverpool being light in central midfield Rodgers still shunted him out.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/376300/Alan-Pardew-insists-Newcastle-will-be-active-in-the-transfer-market-this-summer

Alan Pardew insists Newcastle will be active in the transfer market this summer

THE STORM clouds are gathering but bullish boss Alan Pardew last night forecast brighter times lie ahead for Newcastle.

The ailing Magpies head for Arsenal tonight bidding to avoid a sixth straight defeat - an alarming slump which probably won't threaten their hopes of a top half finish but have turned thousands of fans against the manager.

Pardew, who returns to the dug-out for the first time since his headbutting shame at Hull on March 1, insists the recent run paints a false picture of the Toon's state of health.

"From where I sit as Newcastle manager, looking at the club, I think it's in a strong position," he said.

"These short-term results over the last five games have really put a bit of a stain on it.

"We need to remove that stain by getting a result and then we can look forward to a good summer."

Pardew pinpoints the sale of Yohan Cabaye as the catalyst for decline but still defends the club for failing to replace him in January.

And he is adamant Newcastle will be prominent spenders in the next transfer window.

"We came close but not close enough for our fans," he added,

"They wanted someone over the line as a replacement for Cabaye but we just couldn't manage to do it. We ran out of time but it wasn't for the want of trying."

Such is the scepticism of the Toon Army about Pardew and Mike Ashley's regime, some believe the manager's tendency of talking up the club's youth team suggests Newcastle will be promoting from within rather than splashing the cash.

Pardew, however, firmly rejects that notion.

"When you start talking about what's underneath, there's an assumption that we're not going to sign players but that's definitely not the case," he said.

"And I want to make that point strongly. We have investment in the summer that we can make and we're going to make it.

"But the truth of it is that in two or three years' time, we've got six or seven kids here who are going to make an impact."

Newcastle picked up just one win and scored just two goals while Pardew was either banished from the stadium or the technical area.

He had briefly pondered the idea of a self-imposed touchline ban but now claims the players will be better off with him being a visible presence again.

He added: "It's been tough being away from my team.

"It was a real punishment. I'm not saying I agree with all the punishment but I accepted it.

"I had said I would look at whether I'm best watching from the stand but I'll go back to the dug-out.

"And I'll be better on the sidelines than I have been."

Arsenal target Loic Remy and Mathieu Debuchy who came on as subs against Swansea last week will start along with fellow French international Moussa Sissoko, who has recovered from injury quicker than expected.

Pardew believes their returns quashes theories that all three had effectively given up on their club season and protecting themselves for the World Cup.

"They are all very much aware they have to finish the season strongly not just for their individual ambitions but for Newcastle.

"We need to get at least one big result before the end of the season."

Seems legit. :thup:

If he's judging the standard of kids coming through on the basis of the latest lot (Dummett, Sammy etc) then we might as well pack up and fuck off home now.

As a club, we've not developed 6-7 'first team capable' kids over the last 20 years and yet now, all of a sudden, we've been gifted a bunch of per-pubescent world beaters? Get to fuck.

I'll put my cock on the block and say we'll be lucky to find 2 that are any good at first team level. And, by any good, I mean capable of performing to the equivalent level of a senior pro more often than not.

As always with this heinous cunt, he's buying time. This statement is on the never, never.

Easy to make and hard to measure. Arsehole.

Guest neesy111

Pardew pinpoints the sale of Yohan Cabaye as the catalyst for decline but still defends the club for failing to replace him in January.

Pardew in a nutshell right there. Just GTFO

How the hell can people defend him with stuff like this ffs.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/04/article-0-19D90A1000000578-821_634x356.jpg

f*** Shelvey. Not fit to lace Cabaye's boots, and an arrogant and brainless b****** as well.

Three years in, it looks like Pardew is finally being allowed to build the team he's been dreaming of. Next season is going to be f***ing horrible.

He really doesn't half talk some absolute bollocks. He goes on about the last 5 games/short-term results as though they're the sole reason people are on his back, seemingly forgetting last season and post Boxing Day this season.

The Cabaye replacement excuse doesn't wash with me in the slightest, we knew in the summer he wanted out, we kept hold of him knowing full well he would be off in 6 months or at best a year. To say we ran out of time to find a replacement is just ludicrous.

"But the truth of it is that in two or three years' time, we've got six or seven kids here who are going to make an impact."

Yeah, they'll make a f***ing impact alright. They'll relegate us when they have to play every week because we haven't replaced all the real, actual competent players who've been flogged.

And if that ringpiece mentions Cabaye once more, I'll do the world a favour and fucking end him. You knew Cabaye was going in August, you utter tool. Stop pretending you failed to replace him because you only had a couple of days because that's nothing but an outright lie. Not that outright lies are something that Alan has a problem with, of course.

Guest firetotheworks

What this under-performing 10th place team needs is two midfielders from 12th place Swansea and 17th place Sunderland.

I'm not sure if i like Shelvey or not. He was highly rated with Charlton, i thought he was a laughing stock at Liverpool, sold for what i thought was an outrageous transfer fee, and now for Swansea has had a mixture of quality and calamity. I don't laugh at him as much now but not sure i'm at the point where i want him here, even though he's probably still learning and improving.