NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

'The transfer hitlist has been compiled with an acknowledgement that Newcastle were woefully light on offensive talent at the end of the season. The intention is to sign players capable of entertaining who are cheap, scoring goals cheap and getting United fans off their feet again cheap.'

Its a sort of 'carrot on a stick' tactic to entice fans to renew season tickets and buy merchandise etc. Our fans should know by now, that we will be lucky to get 1 or 2 more in before the end of the transfer window. 

As if we plan the number of player acquisitions and are committed to seeing it through. They make up the numbers as we go along.

Aye I'm not doubting that, just trying to figure out why Douglas would mention 4 more then only talk about 3 :lol:

I think we'll sign a striker, we'll sell Debuchy then we'll make do until January. At which time, our spending depends on our position in the league and likelihood of relegation.

Manchester City are willing to accept a knockdown fee for Micah Richards.

The defender, 26, made just two Premier League appearances for the club last season and has one year remaining on his contract.

The league champions are open to offers that would include significant add-ons based on appearances, given his injury history.

A source close to Richards said they were relaxed about the situation but acknowledged he was unlikely to stay.

Birmingham-born Richards has been with City since the age of 14 and made his England debut in 2006, aged 18.

He was linked with a £20m move to a host of top clubs in 2011 but a number of injuries and the emergence of Pablo Zabaleta as City's first-choice right-back limited his opportunities.

The arrival of Bacary Sagna on a free transfer from Arsenal appears to have weakened his position still further.

Newcastle United, Liverpool and Arsenal have been linked with a move for Richards in recent weeks and may now step up their interest

26 years old, give him a good run in the side and if he shows any kind of consistent form, being English, his value will shoot.  Cha Ching Ashley's a winner!

Guest antz1uk

He's thick as f***!

took the words out of my mouth, him and steven taylor in a back four!  :undecided:

i'd take him over taylor every day of the week. Always liked him.

we'll be in for him I reckon, not because of his ability/suitbality mind, but simply because his contract is up in a year.

i'd take him over taylor every day of the week. Always liked him.

we'll be in for him I reckon, not because of his ability/suitbality mind, but simply because his contract is up in a year.

It seems to be our only criteria at the moment.

Never get the Richards hate to be honest.  I would take him in a flash.  He hasn't kicked on as he should have done for the natural talent he has, but he is definitely good enough for us.

£3-4m for luuk would be a good move. Wouldn't surprise me if Ashley told him to play s**** since we're safe and we will sign his Bro then him in the summer.

At that price and given his age it would be worth it. Didn't look great but didn't look totally void of talent