NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

Riviere from Monaco linked in the Mail.

Man, this guy has potential. Have only seen him a few times, but my God he is an explosive player. Quick, strong and athletic.

What price is he supposed to be available at ?

No idea, think I read 5 - 7 million earlier in the summer. It's Monaco though, and they don't really need the money. They're just clearing space for more big names.

We could really do with more speed and athleticism upfront, as we really lack it badly right now.

Around that price is seemingly in our ball park, and with us missing out on the German lad we need at least two strikers still.

I'll be surprised If we get one to be honest.

Well we have sort of in De Jong the elder.

My bad meant one more mate.

I think we need three still mate, De Jong the elder is a midfielder for me, an attacking one but not a proper striker.

Mapou handed in a request, and is left rotting in the reserves. -__-

huh?

He handed request in at Montpellier and Pards will let him rot in reserve so he can play Taylor and Williamson, I think he means.

Sorry yes, handed in a request at Montpellier and was near the French national squad, many rated him higher than Sakho. He comes here hoping for a big platform, better wages, etc. whatever the reason. He said all the right things but the idiot manager makes him sit the bench when he outplays the captain and then is sent back to the bench or played out of position as a full back. Stupid man, its fucking stupid.

Man, this guy has potential. Have only seen him a few times, but my God he is an explosive player. Quick, strong and athletic.

No idea, think I read 5 - 7 million earlier in the summer. It's Monaco though, and they don't really need the money. They're just clearing space for more big names.

We could really do with more speed and athleticism upfront, as we really lack it badly right now.

Around that price is seemingly in our ball park, and with us missing out on the German lad we need at least two strikers still.

I think we need three still mate, De Jong the elder is a midfielder for me, an attacking one but not a proper striker.

Aye, would like to see 3 more come in considering I think Cisse is shot to city and worthless at this point

Guest bimpy474

Aye, would like to see 3 more come in considering I think Cisse is shot to city and worthless at this point

Say use Perez, Gouffran and Armstrong to share your 3rd striker role, we still need 2 at least. I think we'll buy 1, with De Jong classed as one the 2nd and those 3 as i said as the cover. That ain't good, it's getting by on the minimum yet again.

Little bit in that, means we won't need to buy an RB now.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/487379/Man-Utd-focus-on-Thomas-Vermaelen-move-with-Arsenal-expecting-to-seal-Mathieu-Debuchy-deal

'Arsenal right-back Carl Jenkinson is now in talks about joining Newcastle on loan.'

What is the point of Jenkinson on loan ? As much as Remy did well for us last season , he now gone and we are still looking for a forward just like we were 12 months ago. The same will happen here. If the lad does well, they will be no hope of signing him.. Have we really fallen that far down we have to rely on loan signings season after season...

Little bit in that, means we won't need to buy an RB now.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/487379/Man-Utd-focus-on-Thomas-Vermaelen-move-with-Arsenal-expecting-to-seal-Mathieu-Debuchy-deal

'Arsenal right-back Carl Jenkinson is now in talks about joining Newcastle on loan.'

What is the point of Jenkinson on loan ? As much as Remy did well for us last season , he now gone and we are still looking for a forward just like we were 12 months ago. The same will happen here. If the lad does well, they will be no hope of signing him.. Have we really fallen that far down we have to rely on loan signings season after season...

Shouldn't need to loan right backs, strikers or midfielder maybe sometimes if special enough

I'm not against loans if the player brings something extra to the team like Remy or Lukaku. Definitely shouldn't loan developmental players from other clubs though, and send them back after we improve (yao) them for their club. Like rubbing salt onto the wound if we do loan Jenkinson after selling Debuchy instead of getting a proper replacement in.

I wouldn't be completely against taking Jenkinson permanently as I think he's a fairly solid player with a future in front of him. I think he's the sort of player who'd still be committed even if he's on loan, but agree that we don't really want to be developing players for other clubs.

Fully see the irony in saying that after selling Cabaye, Debuchy, Carroll etc...

Guest firetotheworks

Jenkinson is the perfect match for Pardew. And by that I mean that every time I've seen him, he's looked comprehensively shit, but runs around.