NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

What's all this garbage about Obertan? He's class now.

He's class in the same way that you're class.

:lol:

You are very cruel, but I understand this is a way you express your admiration. I thank you.

Guest firetotheworks

Oh Disco, you are the anchor that gives my heart licence to soar.

It's just a horrible feeling that even if we did sign a centre half and top striker that Pardew is the one leading them. Personnel wise we would look in decent shape with the squad, but this clueless idiot will have Obertan in his starting line up because he did well once in a pre-season friendly.

No he wont

Maybe not, but I think you get what I was getting at?

That you even if you saw us in a great position squad wise you still feel the need to invent rubbish to have a whinge? :lol:

Genuinely have no clue what your point was other than that  :undecided:

Invent rubbish? I am not sure having no confidence in our manager is inventing rubbish?

Obviously my message wasn't as clear as it was in my head.

We have a decent squad, a few players away from having a more than adequate squad, yet I have no confidence in our manager to use that squad effectively and is fairly likely to play players out of position based on him getting his favourites in the starting line up!

Like i said rubbish. Obertan is his favourite now? Is this based on your general fantasies or the actual fact Obertan has 1 league start since January 2013?

Exactly, for all Pardew is an idiot he has dropped players like Obertan previously when they don't perform, I can't see him starting but Pardew is not exactly wrong in trying to reintegrate him if no offers coming along.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-could-offered-second-7584682

Newcastle United will be offered another chance to sign Arsenal and Costa Rica striker Joel Campbell.

United remain in the hunt for either Alexandre Lacazette and Loic Remy but the Chronicle understands that Campbell could be presented to United as a possible loan signing before the window shuts.

West Ham had been interested in bringing Campbell to Upton Park earlier this month but Sam Allardyce has since ruled out the switch.

Campbell is available on loan and while he does want to stay at Arsenal long-term, a loan move to a Premier League club is an option. The Gunners, though, would demand a sizeable loan fee for his services.

United struck up a good business rapport with Arsenal earlier this summer when selling Mathieu Debuchy to the London club. And while moves to AC Milan and Crystal Palace haven’t came off for Campbell he could be pushed into the direction of Newcastle again.

The player starred in the World Cup for Costa Rica after helping them reach the last eight before being knocked out by Holland. Campbell spent last season on loan at Olympiakos in Greece.

Again doubtful he'd score more than 10 goals and even that is generous.

Not good enough.

For a team that won't compete and has no desire to, I struggle to see the downside of bringing in a 22 year old striker with a lot of upside, coming off a superb WC performance.

If it's the choice between Campbell and Lacazette, I'm taking Lacazette all day. If it's the choice between Campbell and no one, well...

Not good enough.

For a team that won't compete and has no desire to, I struggle to see the downside of bringing in a 22 year old striker with a lot of upside, coming off a superb WC performance.

If it's the choice between Campbell and Lacazette, I'm taking Lacazette all day. If it's the choice between Campbell and no one, well...

i refer us back to whoever said it the other day, we now have cisse and 2 other strikers who may or may not score goals - why sign a fucking 4th?

get a better CB, or two

Not good enough.

It's not a choice between Campbell and no one though. We've already got a few strikers in who may or may not be good enough. Bringing in yet another one makes absolutely no sense, especially as we'd be developing him for Arsenal.

'good business rapport when selling Debuchy' :lol:

"£12m? Oh that's superb. Thanks for taking one of our best players, Arsenal. It was an honour. Can we be Facebook friends?"

"Erm....no. Fuck off, Charnley".

Guest ElCid

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-could-offered-second-7584682

Newcastle United will be offered another chance to sign Arsenal and Costa Rica striker Joel Campbell.

United remain in the hunt for either Alexandre Lacazette and Loic Remy but the Chronicle understands that Campbell could be presented to United as a possible loan signing before the window shuts.

West Ham had been interested in bringing Campbell to Upton Park earlier this month but Sam Allardyce has since ruled out the switch.

Campbell is available on loan and while he does want to stay at Arsenal long-term, a loan move to a Premier League club is an option. The Gunners, though, would demand a sizeable loan fee for his services.

United struck up a good business rapport with Arsenal earlier this summer when selling Mathieu Debuchy to the London club. And while moves to AC Milan and Crystal Palace haven’t came off for Campbell he could be pushed into the direction of Newcastle again.

The player starred in the World Cup for Costa Rica after helping them reach the last eight before being knocked out by Holland. Campbell spent last season on loan at Olympiakos in Greece.

What is the fucking point in getting another player unproven to get 15 - 20 goals, which is what is required? Crazy no quality central defender even though the team look like shipping in goals ever game. No creative central midfield even though our current central midfield struggle to hold the ball for more than three passes never mind create and no guaranteed striker with a proven record of 15 - 20 goals a season. Pennies spent after you take the Cabaye and Debuchy transfers off and armed with an additional bucket load of money from the tv and wonga deal - yet still the fuckwits take the piss. And before anyone says it's not the 31st yet - true - but I put money on now that nothing else will happen or at most one out of the required 3. So much potential and yet it's just fucking wasted and having that clown playing his tedious brand of football makes it no better.   

Some seem to be forgetting how thin this squad was prior to this summer's signings. It could easily get back to that point. For that reason, I wouldn't turn my nose up at adding even more depth, even in a position with a lot of uncertainty. Adding Campbell on loan is relatively low-risk. And it still doesn't take the club off the hook for adding a quality CB and proven goal scorer.

To say nothing of this club's crappy track record at keeping its players healthy.

Guest ElCid

it is somewhat hilarious when you look at our goals conceded over the last 2 seasons people think our problem is a striker :lol:

It is a problem as is the defence as is the central midfield - not going to be sorted with these clowns in charge though.

The squad wasn't thin, it never has been. The problem has been lacking quality. Don't see how loaning a player who likely won't do anymore than the likes of Riviere is worthwhile.

We have enough numbers, squad players etc etc what we need is quality first choice players not depth.

The squad wasn't thin, it never has been. The problem has been lacking quality. Don't see how loaning a player who likely won't do anymore than the likes of Riviere is worthwhile.

We have enough numbers, squad players etc etc what we need is quality first choice players not depth.

It absolutely was at times last season.

Our defence sucks, but so many teams have far worse defenders and never look as dishevelled and downright unprofessional as our defence does.

Our team in general invites so much pressure onto the defence as we hardly ever control possession for more than a few seconds. I can't help but feel we haven't had a decent pair of central midfielders for a long time. A couple who are able to get open, keep possession and pass the ball to the forward players without hoofing it.

Anita could have really developed into one of these such midfielders, but he keeps getting messed about, and has never been provided a truly capable partner to work with.

it is somewhat hilarious when you look at our goals conceded over the last 2 seasons people think our problem is a striker :lol:

If you look at the statistics, you can see why some people are advocating for a prolific striker.

With Remy in the team last year we conceded on average 1,2 goals per game.  Without him we conceded 2,2 goals per game.

Thats 1 less goals a game with a prolific striker. 

Of course this doesn't tell the whole story.  To many other variables come into the equation that could affect the numbers.

But it does make an interesting point about teams putting more pressure on us when we have nothing upfront that is remotely threatening.

It is obvious that the main focus of this transfer window has gone into fixing that (Riviere, Cabella, De Jong, Ferreyra, Perez). 

But it seems like they still think we need that threat that Remy gave us last year.

If we buy Remy, he will likely give us about 24-30 games and 10-15 goals.  The players we have already bought would give us better return than last year in the games where Remy is injured.

Lacazette would hopefully give us more games but is more of a question-mark in amount of goals.  Somehow I would still prefer him to Remy.

Campbell on loan is not interesting for me!