NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'll say one thing, as bad as our set pieces are, I reckon the fact we don't have a dominant centre-back is the main reason for lack of goals from them.

No coincidence that the closest we have to that is Taylor, who i reckon over a 38 game (:yao:) season might get 4-5. But we've got Colo who isn't that sort of player, and Williamson...just look at Giroud's second goal to see what I mean. Get a proper defender (Shawcross for me is the ideal), and I reckon we'd be 8-10 goals better off, either by scoring more, or not conceding as many from corners & free-kicks.

Guest chopey

Why can't we just get Carrick, Johnny Evans, Williams from Swansea, Danny ings, Michael laudrup and give it a go

Really don't think Austin is anything special. Think Ings has loads more about him.

We need goal scorers though, so would take Austin if we couldn't get Ings.

Agree with you though, Ings does seem the smarter player with more about him than goals.

Really we need both of them, one isn't enough...

Carrick on a free and make him captain, exactly what we need. I'd have took Fletcher in the winter window and done the same.

We lack intelligence and leadership, as much as I've never really bought in to the carrick hype, even at this age and stage of his career he's lightyears ahead of anything we've got as a midfielder and certainly as captain material.

Ings would be a fantastic signing while if Evans came in again he'd be lightyears ahead of anything we've got in his position.

Not keen on laudrup, much rather hold out for Mourinho