NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would absolutely hate it IF Sunderland got Wijnaldum. He's the player we've been linked with that i want the most!

(Only chance they have is because of a Dick)

Likewise.

PSV have already set a high bar this Summer with the fee received for Depay. Wijnnaldum is a key goal scoring AM for them, and PSV don't sell on the cheap, whereas we're offensive hagglers when it comes to paying fees. Quite easily could get 15-20m in today's market and Sports Direct United won't pay it.

Seems Charnley is struggling with bolting that horse onto that cart. Absolutely no equestrian experience. If only MA had used the analogy of dotting the Is and crossing the Ts. Then this jumped-up secretary could have romped it.

Surely for Charnley, it would be "we just need to starting colouring in behind the lines now"

Seems Charnley is struggling with bolting that horse onto that cart. Absolutely no equestrian experience. If only MA had used the analogy of dotting the Is and crossing the Ts. Then this jumped-up secretary could have romped it.

Surely for Charnley, it would be "we just need to starting colouring in behind the lines now"

IMO Newcastle United, like Spurs - if we are going to get top quality players - often big clubs will overlook them because a) they're young b) they're unproven or c) they have questions over their temperament/character.

It's the nature of the beast. If you go the proven route with modest fees you end up with very average players like Colback. Way better to take risks on a Hatem, Marv or Demba Ba

There is no way Wijnaldum would move to either Sunderland or us.

If we paid the money, he would join us no question.

Krul, Siem De Jong, Janmaat and Anita are here man. Dutch bonanza.

There is no way Wijnaldum would move to either Sunderland or us.

If we paid the money, he would join us no question.

Krul, Siem De Jong, Janmaat and Anita are here man. Dutch bonanza.

His stock is already way above ours man. :lol:

Siem have any chance to make it into the national setup UnB?

Also when he's on form and fit what is your analysis of him and what he's best at? Always seems an intelligent leader with a really sound footballing brain.

Siem have any chance to make it into the national setup UnB?

Also when he's on form and fit what is your analysis of him and what he's best at? Always seems an intelligent leader with a really sound footballing brain.

I don't see why Siem de Jong couldn't make it back into the NT fold if he can stay fit and have a strong period in the PL.

From the Siem thread:

I've been thinking who he's comparable to. Poor man's Mueller maybe, more dynamic version of Nolan, but I think the closest I can think of is actually Clint Dempsey in his Fulham days. Not great technically or a creative force, but a player with great determination, useful technique, good movement and finishing. If he has put his injuries behind him we've got ourselves a nice little player at a good age here.

Cheers thanks man.

Love what he did at Ajax and just his general leadership qualities. Seems a real footballer and match day type of personality.

Also he looks like Joe McHale and I can't unsee it.

Can't believe people think Wijnaldum wouldn't join us. Why?

He's been stuck at PSV all these years, and no one has taken a chance on him.

He would come IMO.

He's about to become a regular first choice for Holland. He'd be thick to come here and risk his starting place.

"Matip has just one year left on his contract, and German newspaper DerWesten claim that even if he decided to leave Schalke, he would have his sights set higher than a move to Newcastle, who struggled to avoid releation last season."

This will be the story of the summer imo. Same for Wijnaldum no doubt. Who would have thought that running the club into the ground would end up damaging its attractiveness to managers, coaches and players beyond repair?

So its just the manager saying this?  Montpellier's owner kept bleating on about how Cabella wouldn't want to come here and how he would aim higher, meant fuck all.  Until the player says it I wouldn't take any notice.