NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What kind of midfielder is this lad?

Mainly a central playmaker/attacking midfielder, can play on the right as well. Scored 14 goals last season.

Blatant Sissoko replacement then.

Can't wait til we see Toney in action like! (Doesn't Carr have links with Northampton, making this signing all the more likely?)

Used to manage em.

Guest Roger Kint

Getting sick of FB & Tiwitter meltdowns over Toney. Theres a million things wrong with this club but just because a cheap kid might be first in everyone acts the twat? If it was late August and he was first i might agree mind :lol:

Confirm... :lol:

If we were serious about this signing there's no way we would be confirming it. So it looks like we are using the Mirror to send people on a wild goose chase while chasing other targets, probably of a cheaper and shiter nature.

Guest Roger Kint

If we were serious about this signing there's no way we would be confirming it. So it looks like we are using the Mirror to send people on a wild goose chase while chasing other targets, probably of a cheaper and shiter nature.

Monitoring George Winegum according to my ITK

Usually when the papers make stuff up, the club gets the lawyers to send out a few legal letters.  But they are happy enough to drop a few rumours out there to try and keep fans onside.

Guest GoonerAlexis

Usually when the papers make stuff up, the club gets the lawyers to send out a few legal letters.  But they are happy enough to drop a few rumours out there to try and keep fans onside.

Is that Newcastle specific or for all clubs? Can't be true for all clubs surely?

Is that Newcastle specific or for all clubs? Can't be true for all clubs surely?

Newcastle specific, we have had a recent policy of dampening rumours and threatening/banning papers where possible for reasons at a loss to most.

Guest GoonerAlexis

Newcastle specific, we have had a recent policy of dampening rumours and threatening/banning papers where possible for reasons at a loss to most.

All right :)

Guest GoonerAlexis

Seen this earlier on, what an absolute joke. The standard of North-East journalism is just f***ing hideous.

Until they informed me in the last paragraph, I had no idea what the Tweet said, or the fact that it was in English

Keep jumping on here in the hope we have signed Geordie Winegum, Stone Cold or even the ice cream guy, but fuck all happening as usual. Just wish the window would slam shut while we try to crawl over that fucking line with tales of monitoring, early discussions, advanced discussions, preparing a bid, thinking about a bid etc etc etc

Dutch Football ‏@football_oranje  14m14 minutes ago

Wijnaldum "The media find transfer news more exciting than I, there is no truth in me moving to Newcastle" (ED)

Well there's a surprise.

Dutch Football ‏@football_oranje  14m14 minutes ago

Wijnaldum "The media find transfer news more exciting than I, there is no truth in me moving to Newcastle" (ED)

Well there's a surprise.

It's all just a ploy  O0

Guest reefatoon

Some of my favourite monitoring of the pre season so far, this one is going to be hard to beat for pure unadulterated excitement, hope we haven't peaked too early.

Wouldnt surprise me if the only reason we've not shown interest for Cabaye because other teams are genuinely interested in him so we wouldnt be able to drag it out for a few weeks and he might actually indicate in the press he'd move back to us putting more pressure on themselves to actually sign him.

Wouldnt surprise me if the only reason we've not shown interest for Cabaye because other teams are genuinely interested in him so we wouldnt be able to drag it out for a few weeks and he might actually indicate in the press he'd move back to us putting more pressure on themselves to actually sign him.

Nope, it'll all be because of his age and therefore lack of resale value.