NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest GoonerAlexis

We know, Winegum though i think we can.

Depends, is it not contracted to someone else and available on a free? Will it accept a zero hour contract?

Luke Edwards rated the chances of him signing at 8/10.

I suspect we probably are interested - at the right price. But equally I am sure he will just be using us to draw out bigger clubs.

When we finally get around to making a few signings I think enough idiots will be so grateful and excited that they will sign up for season tickets, the club know this and no doubt it's the plan

Similar to how enough people thought we spent loads last summer when it was pretty much the Cabaye/Debuchy money

Would Love having him and Sissoko together in midfield. Somehow I fear it's a Sissoko out and Wijnaldum in.

assuming we got the guy, and for some reason i think he's going to be our first major signing, i'm interested in how they see him, de jong and cabella all fitting into the team as all three are AM's

that doesn't even account for sissoko of course

wonder if mclaren will go for a version of 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 utilising only one actually striker because i suspect as ever that a major sticking point for us will be paying the money required to sign a decent forward...

not sure myself, who is going to pay top wedge for sissoko atm?  just not seeing it and cabella's value will have certainly only gone down after a year under our crack fucking coaching team :anguish:

sensible option is to keep both and hope mclaren gets a lot out of them (from the club's perspective) and it's why i suspect they'll aim for a system that can be based on having a heavy but mobile, goalscoring midfield with one up top

What kind of midfielder is this lad?

Mainly a central playmaker/attacking midfielder, can play on the right as well. Scored 14 goals last season.

Blatant Sissoko replacement then.

Can't wait til we see Toney in action like! (Doesn't Carr have links with Northampton, making this signing all the more likely?)