NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This Shelvey stuff has to stop. We don't have a chance of getting him.

You could say that about a lot of players we have been linked with, didn't stop people dreaming about it. ( much better and higher profile players than fucking Shelvey as well)

Who are you and what have you done with KaKa?!

This Shelvey stuff has to stop. We don't have a chance of getting him.

You could say that about a lot of players we have been linked with, didn't stop people dreaming about it. ( much better and higher profile players than fucking Shelvey as well)

Who are you and what have you done with KaKa?!

It's sad someone broke KaKa, but he'll probably be back in 10 minutes asking why we shouldn't try for Ronaldo such is his level of bipolar disorder.

I don't see any point in Townsend, even Thauvin can't get a game at the moment. We'd just have two wingers on the bench, not sure in the sense of it all. Nothing really against Townsed, he's areet but just seems like he would be wasted here when Sissoko isn't going to be shifted from the right hand side.

I don't see any point in Townsend, even Thauvin can't get a game at the moment. We'd just have two wingers on the bench, not sure in the sense of it all. Nothing really against Townsed, he's areet but just seems like he would be wasted here when Sissoko isn't going to be shifted from the right hand side.

We've been pretty fortunate with injuries so far. I'm not going to complain about a loan that adds some depth.

[Required disclaimer: As long as it doesn't prevent other signings.]

We're also playing central midfielders in wide areas. But agree with you generally. Wingers shouldn't be a priority.

We're also playing central midfielders in wide areas. But agree with you generally. Wingers shouldn't be a priority.

LB and a CB are more of a priority but if we are planning on putting Gini and Sissoko back into the centre we need another winger. I wouldn't be too dissapointed with Townsend. We miss pace on the break, while he isn't the be all end all Townsend is an upgrade on what we have. Agree that a LB and CB have to come first though.

We've got Aarons back soon. How long for is anybody's guess but having Townsend would only stall Aarons' progress if he was fit for the rest of the season as he'd be even further down the pecking order. I mean even Obertan was starting ahead of him ffs. I think Townsend is a waste of time.

Guest neesy111

We've got Aarons back soon. How long for is anybody's guess but having Townsend would only stall Aarons' progress if he was fit for the rest of the season as he'd be even further down the pecking order. I mean even Obertan was starting ahead of him ffs. I think Townsend is a waste of time.

It'll be days before Aarons is injured again.

Aye, more than likely but we've got wingers injured already and it's having no effect on our team because McClaren basically doesn't need them.

Sissoko without jinxing him is absolutely fine on the injury front, pretty reliable. If we really need width, Thauvin would have had more playing time.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd be quite happy with Townsend like, he is similar to Sissoko, only more of a threat in that he constantly looks to beat his man and get balls in early. He's not a great player but he's a goal threat and will cause a full-back a problem or several. I don't care about cost... it means fuck all or should do. Fuck the balance sheet shite! He's not worth more than 5m probably but if we pay double that so fucking what. I watched him come on as a sub against Liverpool a few months back and inside 5 minutes he spun his full-back at least 4 times, putting in dangerous crosses. He is also an outlet with his ball carrying skills and pace. He is a huge upgrade on Obertan and if not better than Sissoko on his day, probably more consistent during 90 minutes in terms of beating his man, crossing etc. and of course getting shots off on goal.

I'd be quite happy with Townsend like, he is similar to Sissoko, only more of a threat in that he constantly looks to beat his man and get balls in early. He's not a great player but he's a goal threat and will cause a full-back a problem or several. I don't care about cost... it means fuck all or should do. Fuck the balance sheet shite! He's not worth more than 5m probably but if we pay double that so fucking what. I watched him come on as a sub against Liverpool a few months back and inside 5 minutes he spun his full-back at least 4 times, putting in dangerous crosses. He is also an outlet with his ball carrying skills and pace. He is a huge upgrade on Obertan and if not better than Sissoko on his day, probably more consistent during 90 minutes in terms of beating his man, crossing etc. and of course getting shots off on goal.

I'd be happy to see Sissoko go there for cash + Townsend. There's probably a few players not getting games there which would walk in to our first team.