NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bit confused by Townsend, dont watch spurs much but when he appeared for England he looked very good? His numbers for spurs seem bizarre in comparison. Hes clearly pacey & has a very strong shot on him, would seem a good combination. We've few good strikers of the ball. Yet he strikes it right footed and plays on the right, surely he could switch to left wing. Would be more suited to his shooting which seems a strength.

I think international defenders hadn't worked his game out. In the league everyone knows what he's going to do from defenders to the fans and so he's pretty easily neutralised.

Bit confused by Townsend, dont watch spurs much but when he appeared for England he looked very good? His numbers for spurs seem bizarre in comparison. Hes clearly pacey & has a very strong shot on him, would seem a good combination. We've few good strikers of the ball. Yet he strikes it right footed and plays on the right, surely he could switch to left wing. Would be more suited to his shooting which seems a strength.

He's shit, nothing much more  to understand

Guest Roger Kint

I think we should pick up Enrique for free in the summer, he would be decent back up and I can't imagine his wages will be too high.

Decent? Not played in about 3 years. Why on earth does a club with two shit/glass LB's need another backup combination of the two? :lol:

He's s***, nothing much more  to understand

His numbers actually arent that bad, 4 goals & 6 assists in 1330 mins in league and cups last season. Thats contributing to 10 goals in 15 games worth of minutes.

Guest Roger Kint

We will look in the direction of best deal financially as always. If that proves to be Townsend then so be it, cant see us getting a CB though.

We will look in the direction of best deal financially as always. If that proves to be Townsend then so be it, cant see us getting a CB though.

Need a CM first, a proper CM. If we get that I think we can fumble through at CB probably but trying to go the season with the CM options we've got is tempting fate massively. CB not much better, granted, but as least we have one who can play there and some others who are capable of decent games.

Guest Roger Kint

Need a CM first, a proper CM. If we get that I think we can fumble through at CB probably but trying to go the season with the CM options we've got is tempting fate massively. CB not much better, granted, but as least we have one who can play there and some others who are capable of decent games.

Tempting fate is the tagline of the Ashley era though. We have needed a CB for 4 years now yet Colo still trundles on forever, we never do whats needed.

Tempting fate is the tagline of the Ashley era though. We have needed a CB for 4 years now yet Colo still trundles on forever, we never do whats needed.

True enough. It'll be a derisory bid for Matip ahead of his contract expiring, probably same for that Cameroonian lad, then jack it in when we get told to get to fuck.

We're desperately short of service from wide areas, something that Townsend seems to provide.

Without it, Mitrovic might as well leave.

Townsend and Aarons on the wings with Mitrovic up front could be pretty potent.

Sign a CB first though you set of twats!!

Guest Roger Kint

True enough. It'll be a derisory bid for Matip ahead of his contract expiring, probably same for that Cameroonian lad, then jack it in when we get told to get to fuck.

Another 2 wins and we might not even do that knowing these idiots :lol:

Realistically we have 2/3 spots open now for the PL squad list but then we did in the Summer and they chose to include the likes of Bigi

Another 2 wins and we might not even do that knowing these idiots [emoji38]

Realistically we have 2/3 spots open now for the PL squad list but then we did in the Summer and they chose to include the likes of Bigi

Aye, saw that Chronicle article yesterday making a point of explaining that the squad was "full" and that they couldn't shift players in the summer for the price they wanted. Yeah, really Lee? Clubs don't like to buy shit, what a fucking shock, lower your price to get them out of the club and free up space and wages you literal bellend.

Guest Roger Kint

Aye, saw that Chronicle article yesterday making a point of explaining that the squad was "full" and that they couldn't shift players in the summer for the price they wanted. Yeah, really Lee? Clubs don't like to buy shit, what a fucking shock, lower your price to get them out of the club and free up space and wages you literal bellend.

Plus the fact we lose Williamson, Taylor, Obertan, Marveaux, Elliott? and likely Bigi in the summer. Bigi/Krul can already be taken off the PL squad list and realistically we need this motley crew replaced asap too. We whould be telling the world they are all on frees not waiting for offers :lol:

If Sissoko is crap I dread to think what Shelvey and Townsend are.

Furthermore what's the point in pursuing Townsend if we are to continue with Sissoko and Wijnaldum on the wings?

Exactly! If we're going to continue to play these two out wide then we have more important areas to adress first.

Give me a CM (2?), LB and a CB and after that i wont complain if we sign players for other areas.

Not that i think we'll do even near enough..again..if anything..

Sissoko is crap, I don't want a part time player in a nufc shirt.

We don't have any full time players that are excellent for 90 minutes. Sissoko in terms of impact on our team is in our top three or four players

Do you have an alarm that goes off, every time Sissoko is criticised?  :lol:

Agree with a lot that you say about him, mind.  He certainly isn't crap.  Just wildly inconsistent, for a number of reasons. 

True enough. It'll be a derisory bid for Matip ahead of his contract expiring, probably same for that Cameroonian lad, then jack it in when we get told to get to f***.

Aye, saw that Chronicle article yesterday making a point of explaining that the squad was "full" and that they couldn't shift players in the summer for the price they wanted. Yeah, really Lee? Clubs don't like to buy s***, what a f***ing shock, lower your price to get them out of the club and free up space and wages you literal bellend.

Plus the fact we lose Williamson, Taylor, Obertan, Marveaux, Elliott? and likely Bigi in the summer. Bigi/Krul can already be taken off the PL squad list and realistically we need this motley crew replaced asap too. We whould be telling the world they are all on frees not waiting for offers :lol:

All of this. Never mind even shifting them, just don't give them a squad number. Tada!!! Then you've freed up space for actual footballers to take a spot in the squad. The fact they haven't done this, nor has the question ever been raised by so called football journalists, speaks volumes about the club actually spending money in January (or even adding more quality in key areas to the squad in the last window either).

True enough. It'll be a derisory bid for Matip ahead of his contract expiring, probably same for that Cameroonian lad, then jack it in when we get told to get to f***.

Aye, saw that Chronicle article yesterday making a point of explaining that the squad was "full" and that they couldn't shift players in the summer for the price they wanted. Yeah, really Lee? Clubs don't like to buy s***, what a f***ing shock, lower your price to get them out of the club and free up space and wages you literal bellend.

Plus the fact we lose Williamson, Taylor, Obertan, Marveaux, Elliott? and likely Bigi in the summer. Bigi/Krul can already be taken off the PL squad list and realistically we need this motley crew replaced asap too. We whould be telling the world they are all on frees not waiting for offers [emoji38]

All of this. Never mind even shifting them, just don't give them a squad number. Tada!!! Then you've freed up space for actual footballers to take a spot in the squad. The fact they haven't done this, nor has the question ever been raised by so called football journalists, speaks volumes about the club actually spending money in January (or even adding more quality in key areas to the squad in the last window either).

Paying professional footballers to not have squad numbers is literally the least imaginable Mike Ashley thing I think of [emoji38]

Paying professional footballers to not have squad numbers is literally the least imaginable Mike Ashley thing I think of [emoji38]

Lol, well, yeah. That and appointing competent folk in key positions of management.

I've noticed a trend in Mcclaren dumbing down talks of January transfers recently. Sounds like he is trying to dampen expectations again. Now where have I seen that done before?