NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would love to know what's going through the minds of Charnley and Ashley like, their thought process at times like this must be utterly astonishing.

Charnley - don't upset Mike.

Mike - I like turtles.

I don't believe what's wriiten in the press for the simple reason that the club never speaks to it, but I can't understand why we are waiting so long to sign players, games are flying by and we are still searching for a good deal that we can sell on for a profit, Ashley's arrogance and the people running the club's weakness will see another relegation.

There's a gaping hole in this argument tbh.

Guest antz1uk

I don't believe what's wriiten in the press for the simple reason that the club never speaks to it, but I can't understand why we are waiting so long to sign players, games are flying by and we are still searching for a good deal that we can sell on for a profit, Ashley's arrogance and the people running the club's weakness will see another relegation.

oh they do, when they have a narrative they want to get across,

They leave it a week and if we have lost the next 2 games which is more than feasible then any potential interested players will be having second thoughts.

I can't believe they were not ready to go on 1st January - well I can actually - but the longer they leave it this time, the harder it will become as we are not hovering above the relegation spots but on the verge of being cut off.

I would have thought loans were their best option to give them a chance of signing better players - especially those that want to play at the Euros as they will have an incentive to do well.  OK it may be wasted money from Ashley's point of view but it will be significantly cheaper than getting relegated.

Unless they give a player a get out at the end of the season, I don't know why any quality player would sign for us.  OK money - but then are they the ones that are going to be giving their all to save us from relegation.

Not learning from past mistakes is mind boggling with this club under Ashley. From appointing managers to MD's, to buying players not suited to the league, to not buying players because they cost only a bit more than we offered.

We deserve to go down for the sheer arrogance and incompetence running throughout the club, still cant get my head around making the same mistakes over and over again, it's mental.

10 days into the transfer window, 4 defeats on the trot 1-0, only 4 league wins all season, an obviously weak squad for everyone to see, yet we still sit on our hands and don't buy, we deserve the relegation that will eventually come.

Predictable. Rumours of massive offers for players that won't come. We eventually get a journeyman at the end of his contract for 3 million and claim it as a breakthrough.  So so boringly obvious

It's almost as if decent players aren't interested in wrecking their careers by coming to play for a shambles of a club that's out of the cups and on the brink of relegation. Astonishing.

Guest Roger Kint

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-looking-tie-up-10711318?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"United keen to sign Ligue 1 winger but could use him in central midfield role to bolster Steve McClaren's engine room"

so why not just buy a proper cm  :lol: 

He is a proper CM now, thats where they play him having converted him from a winger. Its also a massive giggs

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-looking-tie-up-10711318?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"United keen to sign Ligue 1 winger but could use him in central midfield role to bolster Steve McClaren's engine room"

He is a proper CM now, thats where they play him having converted him from a winger. Its also a massive giggs

Ahh ok sorry. Should have none better than to trust Ryder

All these supposed big money bids going abroad, now obviously we as Newcastle fans are extremely sceptical about them, as we know how much this club bullshits.

The only one i kind of believe is the Lacazette bid. For a minute if we did believe they're genuine, we could go buy Austin and Shelvey (not totally convinced by him but far better than what we have) for the outlay we seem to be chucking about for Lacazette.

Just whack a bid to Seville for N'Zonzi for me. We can get Premier League ready, tried and trusted, yet seem to be ploughing on with foreign imports that won't work, not to say we shouldn't go abroad, but we seem to getting that wrong more than we do right. And we need players who can hit the ground running the position we're in.

Mind you, these high are almost certainly bullshit anyway, so we're fucked either way.

At least they've finally twigged there's a problem in the engine room. I suppose it's a start.