NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i'm starting to wonder what the "plan" might be if they indeed go and get saivet and shelvey?

saivet  shelvey

sissoko perez wijnaldum

mitrovic

something like that?  with maybe de jong instead of perez or a second striker in his place if we sign one?

doesn't appear to help our awful lack of width one iota at first glance

Switch Wijnaldum and Perez IMO.

i'm starting to wonder what the "plan" might be if they indeed go and get saivet and shelvey?

saivet  shelvey

sissoko perez wijnaldum

mitrovic

something like that?  with maybe de jong instead of perez or a second striker in his place if we sign one?

doesn't appear to help our awful lack of width one iota at first glance

Switch Wijnaldum and Perez IMO.

probs aye, thing is i suppose this also ignores the colback factor :anguish:

frankly i'd be surprised, indeed amazed, if we signed 2 CM's this window but you never know

2 cms being bought must mean either someone is off - Sissoko or Perez are the most obvious but are not centre mids so maybe it is Tiote and either Anita or Colback have made it clear that they are off now or in the summer?

Or maybe the plan is for Colback to go left back. Certainly a strange area to be buying 2 players, neither of which are likely candidates for a massive rise in value over the next couple of years

2 cms being bought must mean either someone is off - Sissoko or Perez are the most obvious but are not centre mids so maybe it is Tiote and either Anita or Colback have made it clear that they are off now or in the summer?

Or maybe the plan is for Colback to go left back. Certainly a strange area to be buying 2 players, neither of which are likely candidates for a massive rise in value over the next couple of years

Like he has any ambition other than to just sit here till the day he retires  :lol:

Linked with Andre Gray on loan in the Telegraph.

On loan? He's Burnley's first choice striker.

It's because he's already played for two clubs this season. A loan would apparently go around the rules.

thought that was only emergency loans? HBA got caught out on that rule last year on loan at Hull after all (and our reserve team which was even weirder)

It's because he's already played for two clubs this season. A loan would apparently go around the rules.

thought that was only emergency loans? HBA got caught out on that rule last year on loan at Hull after all (and our reserve team which was even weirder)

He couldn't play for Nice because he would have been registrered for three Clubs in one season. The Telegraph article says that Burnely would still have Gray's registration, so because of that it wouldn't be a problem.

He couldn't play for Nice because he would have been registrered for three Clubs in one season. The Telegraph article says that Burnely would still have Gray's registration, so because of that it wouldn't be a problem.

this is the rule directly from the fifa rulebook

Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during

one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play

offi cial matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player

moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping

seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to

winter/spring) may be eligible to play in offi cial matches for a third

club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with

his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the

provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the

minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected

he's played 2 championship games for Brentford and Burnley so seems fairly cut and dry to me

douglas reckons we're planning on making a 'big splash' this january, striker still the main target, will be as well as saivet and shelvey..

While I think both Shelvey and Saivet sound like good signings, it will mean nothing without a striker. If we are going for Remy on loan that is hardly a big splash though, no matter how good a player he is.

We need 2 more big splashes at least. Striker and Winger crucial unless he is hoping Aarons stays fit or Thauvin comes good. A centre half would be good as well but not as crucial as actually scoring goals at this point in time.

Guest Roger Kint

Douglas thinks 2-3 to follow. We need it.

I don't believe that like. 2-3 in total is what it will turn out to be in reality.

My maths may be off but 2 more on top Saivet comes to 3 which is what he said in the first place :lol:

I don't believe that like. 2-3 in total is what it will turn out to be in reality.

My maths may be off but 2 more on top Saivet comes to 3 which is what he said in the first place :lol:

I was assuming it was 2-3 more on top of Shelvey and Saivet. Three I can just about believe, but five? No way.

Guest Roger Kint

I was assuming it was 2-3 more on top of Shelvey and Saivet. Three I can just about believe, but five? No way.

Clearly he means 2-3 on top o f Saivet though. Unless i missed Shelvey having a medical too

Clearly he means 2-3 on top o f Saivet though. Unless i missed Shelvey having a medical too

Think so too. 3-4 in total which would be acceptable providing they are all first-team players.