NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Presser

In the squad for tomorrow.

Need to sign someone if he goes to replace him.

Aware of PSG Wealth and £14m doesn’t reflect his worth.

Doesn’t envisage cisse leaving – injured wont play.

Closer to signing someone outside of Cabaye situation

Cabaye goes for £20m+ and we loan LDJ and go 4-4-2 for the rest of the season. That profit!

I'm starting to doubt whether the Cabaye fee is going to be anywhere near £20m.

It better be.

I don't care how much he goes for tbh, would have no bearing on what we spend on a replacement.

Cabaye goes for £20m+ and we loan LDJ and go 4-4-2 for the rest of the season. That profit!

It better be.

I was surprised when there was talk of £21m, and now that there's talk of a £14m bid it seems likely that it will be nearer the £15-17m mark which I always thought would be the ceiling.

When you think though that in the last few years Everton got £20m for Rodwell and £27m for Fellani, then it does irritate a bit that we're only getting offers of £10-14m for Cabaye.

The difference is, Everton don't actively tout their own players in the press, which would weaken their bargaining position, like we do.

When you think though that in the last few years Everton got £20m for Rodwell and £27m for Fellani, then it does irritate a bit that we're only getting offers of £10-14m for Cabaye.

The difference is, Everton don't actively tout their own players in the press, which would weaken their bargaining position, like we do.

Cabaye will only have two years left on his contract by the summer and players can buy themselves out of their contracts at that stage. That probably weakens our hand to some extent.

2 and a half years left on his contract, why wouldn't it be?

It better be.

I don't care how much he goes for tbh, would have no bearing on what we spend on a replacement.

Might not have any bearing on what we spend on a replacement, but it will effect our spend long term.  If you don't think so count up what we've sold players for since coming back into the Premier League and then count up what we've bought players for in the same time.

If there's no incomings, the best thing we could do is sack Ameobi off before the window closes. That way it forces his hand to play HBA/Cisse/Marveaux.

Why force him to play players he doesn't like? In a system not suited to them?

I think it will.... they've already said the £14m bid  is 'derisory'.

Remember, this is the same bloke who turned down a £30m bid for Andy Carroll, because he felt/knew he could get more!!!

If there's no incomings, the best thing we could do is sack Ameobi off before the window closes. That way it forces his hand to play HBA/Cisse/Marveaux.

Because we've seen in the past that injuries/suspensions/player sales have made an improvement. Perch being sold so Anita plays more being the best example.

Because we've seen in the past that injuries/suspensions/player sales have made an improvement. Perch being sold so Anita plays more being the best example.

Can't wait to see how Gosling will look as the Cabaye replacement.. :thup: