NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh my god.

Santon at Right Back.

Pass the razor blade.

You people. You rightly criticise Pardew for not playing players in their best/preferred position then advocate playing Santon there, who 1. prefers playing at left back and 2. Hasn't shown anything at all in that position.

The only reason that I can see for playing him there is that he's right footed.

Well yeah.

Well yeah? He's not a right back.

Steve Howey wasn't a defender but that's where Keegan played him. IMO Santon is wasted at left back because he won't get behind the defence and cuts inside every time, which makes the defenders job easy, and the crosses mostly useless. Compare that with Debuchy or Raylor's delivery when they play as full back. Santon has played RB before in Italy and could easily do it again if he was given a run at it IMO. A full back is a full back, if anything, being on his natural side should bring out much more in his game.

Oh my god.

Santon at Right Back.

Pass the razor blade.

You people. You rightly criticise Pardew for not playing players in their best/preferred position then advocate playing Santon there, who 1. prefers playing at left back and 2. Hasn't shown anything at all in that position.

The only reason that I can see for playing him there is that he's right footed.

He has never looked good at right back for us, it literally is because he has a right foot. Quite like Richards so wouldn't be against him as a Debuchy replacement. Santon is a left back or potentially midfield.

Richards with just 18 competitive appearances over the last 2 seasons. That's how far he has fallen. :lol:

Did play 29 league games when they won the league in 2012.

If it is the Richards of 11/12, it's a no-brainer. What we would get is a poorly-motivated, injury-prone, tactically-limited player who isn't anywhere near his best form though.

If we are going to sell Debuchy for £10-12 million, I can think of far worse options than Richard for £3-5 million.  The fact that he has proved he has the talent previously would make it a gamble worth taking in my opinion.  Would I prefer someone like Aurier?  Yes, but the chances of us getting him are pretty low (either because he wouldn't come or we wouldn't spend the money).

Is your suggestion that he is poorly motivated based on anything in particular by the way?

Why is it a gamble worth taking?  I'd rather just keep Debuchy. 

Richards with just 18 competitive appearances over the last 2 seasons. That's how far he has fallen. :lol:

If it is the Richards of 11/12, it's a no-brainer. What we would get is a poorly-motivated, injury-prone, tactically-limited player who isn't anywhere near his best form though.

If we are going to sell Debuchy for £10-12 million, I can think of far worse options than Richard for £3-5 million.  The fact that he has proved he has the talent previously would make it a gamble worth taking in my opinion.  Would I prefer someone like Aurier?  Yes, but the chances of us getting him are pretty low (either because he wouldn't come or we wouldn't spend the money).

Is your suggestion that he is poorly motivated based on anything in particular by the way?

I did say 'if' we are going to sell Debuchy.  I would rather keep Debuchy, but I suspect Mike's eyes have lit up at the prospect of more cash.  So... if we were to sell Debuchy, I would like to see us try for Aurier, but would be happy with Richards as I think he is underrated.

At Man City, who have one of the best right backs in the world playing for them.

Yup, not exactly like his problems were documented.

Man City signing Sagna instead of sticking with an academy product who had a great 11/12 season tells you a lot too.

I did say 'if' we are going to sell Debuchy.  I would rather keep Debuchy, but I suspect Mike's eyes have lit up at the prospect of more cash.  So... if we were to sell Debuchy, I would like to see us try for Aurier, but would be happy with Richards as I think he is underrated.

Well, if we're going to sell Debuchy for £12m why not spend £12m getting a top class replacement in?

At Man City, who have one of the best right backs in the world playing for them.

Man City signing Sagna instead of sticking with an academy product who had a great 11/12 season tells you a lot too.

But we're not Man City.

Richards is better than his appearance figures show.

But we're not Man City.

Could be, but it would be a big risk imo.

Anyway, as Dave said, too much discussion on a report on a report. :lol:

But we're not Man City.

Everyone was gagging over Richards on here a few years ago. My only concern would be the injuries, but he's still quite young and I wouldn't be that disappointed if we were in for him. He's still a very good defender.

Well, if we're going to sell Debuchy for £12m why not spend £12m getting a top class replacement in?

Are there many available?  I can't think of many to be honest.  And if spending a lesser sum on Richards, meant we could spend more in other areas I would be in favour.

I rated him a few years ago, but it could really go either way for him if he came here. If he's got the right attitude, he's got a chance of doing well.

We've seen it before when we've signed bench players from the top 4 in the past, sometimes the attitude isn't necessarily right and there's no hunger or drive to push on from a professional stand point as they're already set for life financially.

Micah Richards is very, very injury prone isn't he and could this be the player Pards was on about for £14m?

I would imagine if he signed and he plays RB behind Moussa we would literally have the strongest RH side in the league (physique rather than technique mind!)

The football we've played has largely been honking for ages now. The negative tactics don't work and the back 4 are disorganised as fucking. Having Debuchy or Richards at RB in this team under this manager won't make a blind bit of difference. You could switch any position or player and we'd still look like pigshit.

It's just shuffling shit. Swap the players all you like, the cunt in the dugout will negate any/all positives.

Micah Richards is very, very injury prone isn't he and could this be the player Pards was on about for £14m?

I would imagine if he signed and he plays RB behind Moussa we would literally have the strongest RH side in the league (physique rather than technique mind!)

While Sissoko is fucking huge - he doesn't play like he is. He's a bit of a fairy sometimes :lol:

While Sissoko is f***ing huge - he doesn't play like he is. He's a bit of a fairy sometimes :lol:

I'd agree he's a fairy in the tackle but he does have a knack of getting past players and never seems to get barged off the ball. Once he gets past he's usually lost control of the ball by that point :lol:

I would be amazed if Sissoko`s still here come September.

If theres a better illustration of being Pardued than the fall from & subsequent return to form (Playing under a different manager) of this lad then I`d like to see it.

If this lad hasn't got his agent by the throat screaming for a move then Fenwicks here I come

Richards is a poor technical player but he gets away with it due to his size/pace. Be worth a punt IMO

I saw Richards in town not so long back. He's a lot smaller than he looks on TV. 5'10" max.

Good player, though. I'd love him to be our RB.

Guest firetotheworks

Richards is a poor technical player but he gets away with it due to his size/pace. Be worth a punt IMO

I saw Richards in town not so long back. He's a lot smaller than he looks on TV. 5'10" max.

Good player, though. I'd love him to be our RB.

My Ronaldo loves magnificent beast theory just gets stronger and stronger.