NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dont get any of this Marveaux criticism.  Hes a good player, sometimes the manager just doesnt fancy them.

Sure it was mentioned a while ago that he has really found it hard to settle over here, think Pards rates him he just can't seem to get him feeling right.

Sure we will sell him for his benefit as well as ours.

Guest bimpy474

Dont get any of this Marveaux criticism.  Hes a good player, sometimes the manager just doesnt fancy them.

Sure it was mentioned a while ago that he has really found it hard to settle over here, think Pards rates him he just can't seem to get him feeling right.

Not having Pardew rates him, there is not a single reason in the entire world for Obertan to play or be on the bench ahead of him. Obertan is the worst player i've ever seen for us in a long time.

For Pardew to prefer Obertan above Marveaux says it all about how much Pardew rates Marv.

Not having Pardew rates him, there is not a single reason in the entire world for Obertan to play or be on the bench ahead of him. Obertan is the worst player i've ever seen for us in a long time.

For Pardew to prefer Obertan above Marveaux says it all about how much Pardew rates Marv.

Horses for courses like. I'd rather Obertan than Marveaux if my team was in the lead and coming under a bit of pressure, due to his pace on the break (I'm aware of his limitations btw, but it does push defences/teams back and provides an out ball). If my team were behind and I needed a bit of magic breaking the opposition down it would be Marveaux every single time. Neither are starters for me, but both should be on the bench when fit.

Guest bimpy474

Horses for courses like. I'd rather Obertan than Marveaux if my team was in the lead and coming under a bit of pressure, due to his pace on the break (I'm aware of his limitations btw, but it does push defences/teams back and provides an out ball). If my team were behind and I needed a bit of magic breaking the opposition down it would be Marveaux every single time. Neither are starters for me, but both should be on the bench when fit.

I agree about Marv and particular games when we need that little pass etc, but not on Obertan. I couldn't care less how fast he is, he is truly awful and is a completely pointless squad member. And imo just takes up a space on the bench a youngster could have (or Marv obviously). He's just terrible, utterly terrible.

I keep hearing this about obertan but never seem to see it actually work in practice.  Apart from that one game (Blackburn?)

Marveaux is a good footballer with a good eye for a defence splitting pass...his creation of goal chances is very good when compared to his appearances. The problem is that he is a bit one-paced and doesn't relish the cut and thrust of PL football so Pardew would naturally be reluctant to play him, especially in games against physical sides.

Obertan has pace, but no football brain....of the two, I would prefer to have Marveaux who could be used as a late sub in games where we are winning to hold the ball and possibly create chances on the break where the opposition are pushing for an equalizer and stretched. You can say that Obertan's pace is also useful in that situation, but it is almost a certainty that he would fail to pick out a colleague at the end of his run..he would be trying to beat another defender.

Neither are a good fit in the first team at present because we rely heavily on Remy's pace and Gouffran's work ethic to get results and neither Marveaux or Obertan are as useful.

I keep hearing this about obertan but never seem to see it actually work in practice.  Apart from that one game (Blackburn?)

Against Chelsea he did "well", too after coming on. Even helping to assist the 2-0 (accidentally, though)

Repeating masel, but I'm convinced it goes much further than what Marv does on the pitch, which more than merits a place ahead of Obertan. Got to be something to do with his attitude in training.

Today highlighted how much we need a real target man. Shola and the long ball game killed our chances of getting a goal.

Yup he doesn't even win us headers anymore, much less offer anything on goal. It's a shame with a few quick fixes we could have a interesting season, instead we will just slide back to 9th.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/loic-remy-says-qpr-might-6455850

Newcastle United's top scorer Loic Remy has admitted he is still unsure about his future and could even return to Queens Park Rangers next season

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/olympiakos-eyeing-up-move-out-6455855

Greek giants Olympiakos are monitoring the situation surrounding Newcastle United winger Sylvain Marveaux.