NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fair do's, says £6m on Wiki like and that's roughly what I recall.  Whatever it was, it was a waste of money for someone who didn't even have that great a record in France.

Correct, but what else do you get for 6m these days? Mirralas, Kone, that type of shite as a rule.

Are you saying Mirallas is shit?

He's what you get for 6m. Scored 21 goals for Everton since 2012.

Yeah but he's not a striker. 21 goals over 3 seasons is a good haul for a winger.

Thats pretty darn good for a winger. He'd probably be our best player

He's a flat out winger in a 442? Always thought he played wide forward myself.

On the left of a 4-2-3-1. Martinez has treated him horribly though (bar that missed penalty)

Thats pretty darn good for a winger. He'd probably be our best player

He's a flat out winger in a 442? Always thought he played wide forward myself.

On the left of a 4-2-3-1. Martinez has treated him horribly though (bar that missed penalty)

So, 6m gets you in the region of 7 goals a season then....

10m gets you nothing these days as evidenced by Riviere costing 4m.

:lol:  Still hope he can get to grips next season.  Anyway depends on the market you buy in and how good your scouts are.  Riviere is an exception rather than a rule.

Not exactly convinced Austin is anything special personally, just looks like an average poacher who every season this league brings up and then they disappear into the abyss.

Agree. I feel like it could be similar to both James Beattie and Andy Johnson's moves to Everton.

Adam Armstrong – the player tipped to make a breakthrough – will be sent out on loan next year in a bid to speed up his development after reservations about his form in the latter part of the campaign.

That would be his form in those handful of appearances where he was thrown on at the death into games we were quite rightly losing?  Aye, strong indicator of his ability those.

£15 million is a bit pricey in my opinion for Austin, however, I'd rather spend a £15m gamble on him than £6m on a Riviere type signing. Austin/Cisse/Perez is decent, could be really good if we would provide the service to them.

Guest Roger Kint

£15 million is a bit pricey in my opinion for Austin, however, I'd rather spend a £15m gamble on him than £6m on a Riviere type signing. Austin/Cisse/Perez is decent, could be really good if we would provide the service to them.

We refused to pay £15m in the past 3 years on PEA & Lacazette now we are going to pay that for Austin? Not convinced that we will and certainly not convinced he is worth that amount. Then again as has been said you dont get a great deal for £10m or less most the time now.

We refused to pay £15m in the past 3 years on PEA & Lacazette now we are going to pay that for Austin? Not convinced that we will and certainly not convinced he is worth that amount. Then again as has been said you dont get a great deal for £10m or less most the time now.

Whey aye... Mike said on Sky that "...we are now in a position [financially] to 'punch above our weight'..."

:indi: :drink: :crazy2:

Guest axel

Berisha has been dogshit for the last three years until a few months ago. Cant see him ever being good enough for the PL.

So because he's been shite before he can't develop and be a better player? This season he's been great and that is what matters, not what he did 2 og 3 years ago. As i say, he's probably not ready for the PL yet, but imo he had the potensial.