NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Genuinely annoying how all of the other teams are investing and moving forward. Wish we got a slice of the tv money everyone else did. c***s.

Indeed, ir if only we had say....£35 million sitting in the bank we could use.

Except we have up to double that in the bank

He would need an equivalent of Kevin De Bruyne to put them on a plate for him, and I can't see that here tbh

Thankfully Sammy Ameobi is the second coming of Johan Cruyff and Colback that of Pirlo so this won't be an issue.

Troy Deeney for £10m sounds like a piss take but in reality there's probably more chance of him succeeding in the premier than Riviere. Ings and Austin both made the step up from the Championship so who knows, maybe Deeney will as well. All very underwhelming, but you don't get proven strikers without starting at £20m.

I think we're just ringing round all clubs asking what is available for £10 million.

Stupid, stupid, stupid approach to proceedings really.

Beggars belief really. This is the one summer more than any other where player recruitment needs to be spot on. A lot of money needs investing on 5 or 6 players who will walk straight into the 1st team. We avoided relegation on the final day of last season, season ticket sales have collapsed, and a new manager is in place. Surely it's now where the idiots running things need to say right lets abandon our old policy of haggling to the last penny in the hope we can secure a bargain or 2 and instead just go out and get the players we've identified who will make sure we aren't in the same mess, or worse this time next year. If a player is rated so highly by our board then the chances are he's also rated at his current club so the asking price will need to be paid otherwise they aren't selling him.

Paying the going rate this summer is crucial I think.

I also think we should be trying to get as many players as we can in, not limiting ourselves to just 6.

Next season (assuming we stay up this one) the new TV deal will come into effect. Once this happens other clubs will be throwing money about and selling clubs will demand much more money off us. Buying not only this seasons targets but also those who we think can wait another year now will save us more money only a year or so down the line.

Fuck the haggling, the time of being able to pay little and grab yourself a bargain is over for the Premier Lwague teams now. The prices maybe higher but if we do our scoring right then it doesn't mean to say that we won't get value for money.

It's about time our board recognised this.

Paying the going rate this summer is crucial I think.

I also think we should be trying to get as many players as we can in, not limiting ourselves to just 6.

Next season (assuming we stay up this one) the new TV deal will come into effect. Once this happens other clubs will be throwing money about and selling clubs will demand much more money of us. Buying not only this seasons targets but also those who we think can wait another year now will save us more money only a year or so down the line.

f*** the haggling, the time of being able to pay little and grab yourself a bargain is over for the Premier Lwague teams now. The prices maybe higher but if we do our scoring right then it doesn't mean to say that we won't get value for money.

It's about time our board recognised this.

Excellent point. Really fearing for us when the new TV deal kicks in because the traditionally smaller clubs will throw caution to the wind and spend what they feel they'll need to in the hope of surviving in the PL whilst we will no doubt continue on as we have been and the sort of bargain basement players we're looking at now will be deemed too expensive as player values soar in line with all the additional money entering the league.

Mings would be a great signing imo. Not sure about the £10M price tag for a championship defender but from when I've seen him he's VERY attacking.

Got good stamina so always gets back to defend,good at crossing at likes to cut inside a lot.

Would be interesting to see if he can cut it at Premier League level though but definitely one of the best players in the Championship.