NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Should be looking at someone like Immobile. Just had a rough season in Germany so might get on the cheap. Has the tools to be a good striker in the PL imo...Bit of pace, guile and determined.

Can't finish to save his life mind.

Cant finish you say? Immobile you say?  :llorente?:

16 goals in 21 league games also ring a bell?

Not that I believe the report like, but it would hardly be anything like the Luuk De Jong signing.

Sure. It was a great run of form. Still not a whole lot of information to go on about how he might do here.

No, but at least he's on good form and scoring goals.  Luuk De Jong's form was terrible before we got him, couldn't buy a goal in the Bundesliga and it showed in his time here.

Not that I believe the report like, but it would hardly be anything like the Luuk De Jong signing.

Luuk de Jong is a better player, and I'm not even joking.

I never believed De Jong was a bad player.  I think he would have done far better here had he not come off the back of horrendous form which his confidence down through the floor.

Chelsea's 21-year-old striker Patrick Bamford, who spent last season on loan at Middlesbrough, will report for pre-season training with the Premier League champions after turning down the chance to join Newcastle United. - http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article4473948.ece

Swansea and Newcastle want Watford's 26-year-old striker Troy Deeney, who is valued at £15m. - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3129950/Swansea-set-rival-Newcastle-prolific-Watford-striker-Troy-Deeney-look-add-attacking-options-summer.html

Hasn't Bamford got issues with McClaren after he felt he played him out of position when he was at Derby.  I am sure  if another Premier League club wants to take him on loan that he will go there.  It will probably happen towards the end of the window once clubs have a clearer idea of what their squads are going to look like.

I'm wondering how much of the delay is going to be caused by us trying to offload some of our shite - although low on quality the squad is actually pretty heavy on numbers, we could field 2 full elevens and still have a few players left over:

Krul

Janmaat – Taylor – Colo – Dummett

Cabella – Sissoko – Tiote – Aarons

Cisse – De Jong

Darlow

Anita - Williamson – Lascelles – Haidara

Marveaux – Abeid - Colback – Ameobi

Riviere – Perez

Elliot, Gouffran, Obertan, Armstrong

Then there's all the younger lads and the bunch who've been on loan at Rangers - needs a pretty hefty clearout I reckon.

Bamford man ... that's why these English kids never progress. If it's purely down to being played wide previously under McClaren then he really is a stupid boy. At least meet the guy and ask for assurances to be played upfront. Dim-witted kids.

Bamford man ... that's why these English kids never progress. If it's purely down to being played wide previously under McClaren then he really is a stupid boy. At least meet the guy and ask for assurances to be played upfront. Dim-witted kids.

I get the point in principle, but if I was Bamford I wouldn't be coming here or back to Boro. Seems pretty smart to me.

I get the point in principle, but if I was Bamford I wouldn't be coming here or back to Boro. Seems pretty smart to me.

Come on Ian ... I know we're all down on the club at the moment, but it looks the perfect move for him.

He's just had a great year in the Championship and will be feeling pretty good having proved he can lead the line and score goals.

Newcastle are essentially starting afresh this season now, and he will have every opportunity to stake his claim in the side, and we do have some pretty decent players no matter what anyone says, and hopefully we'll be getting more.

The manager clearly rates him, as although he used him differently, he still signed him back then and actually played him. He can say to the manager he wants to play upfront as he has proved he can.

Watch him stay at Chelsea and lose all the forward momentum he managed to create in his career last season. He'll not play behind Costa and Falcao, and goodness knows who else. He'll lose confidence in himself, and will be back on loan in the Championship the following year, having to prove himself all over again. I think it's bloody stupid, and incredibly disappointing.

Okay, well what I find hilarious is that he's talking about staying at Chelsea! I find that baffling.

It's still early in the transfer window. If he realises during pre-season that he doesn't have a prayer of getting in the first team he'll probably change his mind. I expect he'll move on loan towards the end of the window.

Luuk de Jong is a better player, and I'm not even joking.

Well you rated LDJ prior to his arrival here but he just wasn't a goal scorer whatever his attributes outside the box. Maybe Dost is the opposite. But I will say that if he turns out to be a £9m flop then questions will need to be asked about Carr's scouting expertise since you are calling this guy out as crap from the get go.

I see Dortmund are after Dost. Would have been interesting if tuchel came here and signed him, I suspect people on here would be lapping it up. :lol:

Like every signing I'll give him a fair chance if he signs