NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We believing this chronicle story about no signings before 30th June so the balance sheet looks good then?

Tbh it sounds exactly like a strategy we'd devise and stick to, in fact we'll probably look to ship more dead wood before then as well.

It's totally obvious that due to the crass way this club has been run, that nobody with any quality either player or coach wants to come anywhere near this circus.

Based on what? Charlie Austin's WAG not fancying it up north? Or the £20m price tag slapped on Troy Deeney? We could always lay down the £30m asking price for Berahino I suppose but somehow I doubt any club is going to meet these valuations. I can't see us buying British if this is what the market is like.

It's totally obvious that due to the crass way this club has been run, that nobody with any quality either player or coach wants to come anywhere near this circus.

Based on what? Charlie Austin's WAG not fancying it up north? Or the £20m price tag slapped on Troy Deeney? We could always lay down the £30m asking price for Berahino I suppose but somehow I doubt any club is going to meet these valuations. I can't see us buying British if this is what the market is like.

Yeah, if true, those valuations are ridiculous.

With the TV money about to balloon, we may be in one of those phases where no-one quite knows how much players are worth. It may take a while for the market to settle down again.

As much as I hate Charnley, the British transfer market is ridiculous.

30m for Berahino is laughable. Not that I believe for a second it would take that much money.

It's no surprise we look abroad, time and time again.

It's literally impossible to tie up a transfer between English clubs for a decent player too, because they will keep asking for that ridiculous amount right up until the last day.

I have no sympathy for Charnley etc. However it's us who suffer because it means we always sign players who represent higher risk because they have never played over here.

Dont have any sympathy for someone who could have got us Lacazette and Grenier at a steal, now considering british players for £30m !

The could-have team is insane tbh

Dont have any sympathy for someone who could have got us Lacazette and Grenier at a steal, now considering british players for £30m !

The could-have team is insane tbh

So is the team we had, before Pardew sold all it's remnants because they didn't jump high enough of course. Which quite frankly is more annoying than the could-have team.

I have no sympathy for Charnley etc. However it's us who suffer because it means we always sign players who represent higher risk because they have never played over here.

More risk but if we sign actual proven quality from abroad rather than look to hit the jackpot with Riviere type punts, there are players out there. Southampton got Pelle and he's done alright. Even the likes of Ulloa can do a job as a target man at the budget end of the market. If we actually want to spend £15-20m on a striker we could buy one tomorrow.

Albeit neither were reportedly that interested in coming. It's a stupid situation to be in and buying british for the sake of it when bargains can be had elsewhere doesn't make sense.

Regarding the Berahino situation..When Sterling is being touted as 35-40m, the price tag for Berahino, while still laughable, is very realistically what they might hold out for.

Albeit neither were reportedly that interested in coming. It's a stupid situation to be in and buying british for the sake of it when bargains can be had elsewhere doesn't make sense.

Regarding the Berahino situation..When Sterling is being touted as 35-40m, the price tag for Berahino, while still laughable, is very realistically what they might hold out for.

Unless Chelsea, Man City or Man U are desperate to sign one of them, there is not much chance of getting that sort of money. No other club will pay it so I guess West Brom are hoping one of those clubs will bite.

I'd pay £15 million for Berahino. Think that's fair.

Think it's extraordinary them asking for £20 / £30 million when Pulis wasn't even starting him half the time, because he wanted a ginormous cranium to aim at.

All the players we seem to be linked to seem just so unremarkable. We really seem to be targeting a lower level of player than any other summer I've seen for us.

We are trying to do English players on a budget, which is a frightening proposition it really is.

Ironically I think selling Carroll for as much as we did is now hindering us a bit! He's become the new benchmark for any young, English club/player now, how many times have you heard "...well if Carroll's worth £35m then X is worth £y". We're stuck in 2008 as far as transfer fees is concerned, the fact that we've only went in big for Cabella and Cisse over the last 7 or 8 seasons has manipulated fans into thinking a fee of circa £15m is a monumental transfer the likes of which come around once every few years.

Players are worth what someone's prepared to pay and PL clubs have never had more cash coming in. They've all got a fortune to spend and someone will cough up big for the likes of Austin and Berahino, it won't be us though. The people running the club need to get realistic if they're targeting young English players, it's the most expensive market to shop in.