NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-not-signed-anyone-9557346

Good summation of our current position imo. It's going to be another absolute disaster of a transfer window.

Charnley is the unqualified bottle neck ( or no neck in his case) who is likely to kill any deal to bring real quality here. In a bid to please his pay master he'll end up buying 4th or 5th choice players purely to save a few quid. More Riviere deals on the line no doubt. Hope the season ticket sales bomb.

Charnley maybe the only MD who will not tap a player like everyone else does and Ashley the only owner who buys a player up front with no installments but the Charnley approach is the most worrying as he is a complete tool at the job

There are loads of business people out there in football more capable of doing a deal than this fucking chump. Llambias pisses all over this fool and Llambias was a joke too.

As cuntish as Ashley is, he won't want another relegation fight as he definitely realize how much loss he will take if we really relegate, and no way we could survive this coming season given the same (or ever weaker) squad.  I genuinely believe the money is there to spend, but something is holding up the process.  It may be McClaren's own preference doesn't match with Carr, or Charnley refused to approve those significantly overpaid deal,  I don't know.  But I expect things to change very quickly because Ashley would interfere, probably late July.

@Aman5ehgal: @lee_ryder are you bored with the lack of news from @NUFC?

@lee_ryder: @Aman5ehgal Things can change very quickly.

As if he's got a clue man. :lol:

Yeah, one second you have a job and the next thing you know, you do not...

Guest Roger Kint

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

@milesstarforth: Understand there'll be a board meeting at Newcastle today to discuss the club's transfer options. #nufc

Good to see theres no hurry at all.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

@milesstarforth: Understand there'll be a board meeting at Newcastle today to discuss the club's transfer options. #nufc

Good to see theres no hurry at all.

It's as if they are trying to piss us off. Kudos - it's working.

Guest Roger Kint

The options are a) sign people and b) don't sign anyone.

Incredibly those options are the same ones since the last two board meetings and no business has been done.

Every day i become more grateful the club have learnt from their mistakes and have changed

I feel this is big big news, possibly even worthy of a thread title change. It's the day pre season training begins, the transfer window is now officially open and we have less than 6 weeks to go until our first Premier League game, and we are having a fucking board meeting to discuss our transfer options :frantic:

Basically says to me all our top targets cost too much let's have a meeting to decide our next set of players to target

They'll be on to Plan Cs now after realising decent players cost money.

Guest Roger Kint

Basically says to me all our top targets cost too much let's have a meeting to decide our next set of players to target

#wetried #wait

Will Mike let Penfold get the chocolate digestives out for this meeting or will they economise with rich tea? Probably the most important point on the agenda with the need to sign players under AOB.