NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sissoko can't play in a midfield 2 imo. I'm certain Wijnaldum is his replacement in any case. Not sure if he's an improvement either.

Personally i think he's an improvement, especially if we're looking to have more possession in our games. Sissoko doesn't offer much unless we're on the break and he has a lot of space to run in to/with the ball.

I doubt we'll go with only two more central type of midfielders anyway, we don't have the players to play 4-4-2 for example.

When the opposition defends more deeply i don't think Sissoko is effective at all. I'd say Wijnaldum has better technical skills

than Sissoko, even though he might not be super creative like some other players. Intelligent movement as well from what i've

seen (which isn't a lot tbh)

Sissoko can't play in a midfield 2 imo. I'm certain Wijnaldum is his replacement in any case. Not sure if he's an improvement either.

Personally i think he's an improvement, especially if we're looking to have more possession in our games. Sissoko doesn't offer much unless we're on the break and he has a lot of space to run in to/with the ball.

I doubt we'll go with only two more central type of midfielders anyway, we don't have the players to play 4-4-2 for example.

Most 4-3-3's with a #10 are more like 4-2-3-1 like Chelsea now or 4-4-1-1 like Pardew. A pure 4-3-3 with a DM would leave De Jong out.

If Sissoko stays perhaps we could adopt a diamond?:

Tiote (for arguments sake)

Sissoko  Wijnaldum

De Jong

Interesting I suppose.

If Tiote would sort his life out (he may be rejuvenated having played under SmC before, who knows?) I think him and Anita would be a good 2 deep lying midfielders to have if we wanted to play a similar style of short-passing, quick moving possesion football that Swansea do.

Most 4-3-3's with a #10 are more like 4-2-3-1 like Chelsea now or 4-4-1-1 like Pardew. A pure 4-3-3 with a DM would leave De Jong out.

If Sissoko stays perhaps we could adopt a diamond?:

Tiote (for arguments sake)

Sissoko  Wijnaldum

De Jong

Interesting I suppose.

i reckon they'll be expecting big things from aarons this year if he stays fit myself like so would expect any initial systems to accommodate him

if sissoko stays and we get winegum & mitrovic i'd see a 4-4-1-1 with aarons & sissoko on each side then de jong / perez / cabella fighting for the spot off the striker....winegum + 1 in CM

IMO football philosophy wise - NUFC is a swashbuckling, high-octane club. I don't think a possession based approach suits us or the crowd. Our best teams, dominated at times but where always quick, powerful and attacking but never possession for the sake of it. Similar to Man Utd in that respect. It would take patience (which we don't have) or a top, top manager like LVG to change that.

IMO football philosophy wise - NUFC is a swashbuckling, high-octane club. I don't think a possession based approach suits us or the crowd. Our best teams, dominated at times but where always quick, powerful and attacking but never possession for the sake of it. Similar to Man Utd in that respect. It would take patience (which we don't have) or a top, top manager like LVG to change that.

well, i don't think anyone is saying we'll suddenly try to become swansea but something in between that and treating the ball like a hand grenade with the pin pulled as we did for years under your bezzy mate pardle would be nice i reckon

If Tiote would sort his life out (he may be rejuvenated having played under SmC before, who knows?) I think him and Anita would be a good 2 deep lying midfielders to have if we wanted to play a similar style of short-passing, quick moving possesion football that Swansea do.

well, i don't think anyone is saying we'll suddenly try to become swansea but something in between that and treating the ball like a hand grenade with the pin pulled as we did for years under your bezzy mate pardle would be nice i reckon

:lol: i was referring to rodgers swansea mind with their 80% possession stats and shit

Derby did play possession football under McClaren, got some criticism for not being more direct IIRC, so it's possible we'll be going in that direction.

i think it's a logical step for our squad personally; we've got the players to play it through the midfield (or will have if we sign this other dutch lad) and it'll relieve pressure on the shite defence we're still likely to have

if i was mclaren i'd be working on possession like a lunatic and try to dominate every game we play in with a view to developing a more direct style after a season or so

we've got to reverse years of backwards coaching ffs :lol:

Tiote receiving the ball from defenders has cost us enough goals over the years, thanks. Not to mention the fact it usually means his partner has to sit deeper than he really should in order to negate Cheick's weaknesses.

Tiote receiving the ball from defenders has cost us enough goals over the years, thanks. Not to mention the fact it usually means his partner has to sit deeper than he should to negate his weaknesses.

i'd sell him like, without a doubt

Tiote receiving the ball from defenders has cost us enough goals over the years, thanks. Not to mention the fact it usually means his partner has to sit deeper than he really should in order to negate Cheick's weaknesses.

Aye and Tiote on his game playing as nothing more than a juggernaut to break up play and sit back has also saved us from conceding many goals over a period of time too. Aye he's been shite lately, but when Pardew was using him as a fucking deep-lying playmaker I don't know what you'd expect.

Man U did play a possession game, only it was very fast paced with lots of forward movement. A million miles from the deep sitting long ball game we've adopted under Pardew.